Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:01:45 AM EDT
I want to know.

Purely hypothetical question.  

I wear work boots all the time, unless I'm going somewhere nice, and have calouses that a bastard file wouldn't touch.  Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to cure this by means of a pedicure.

IBTP
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Which one of you bastards said I suck!?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have.  My feet are nasty and it's nice to have them clipped, have the calluses shaved down, etc.  I go with my girlfriend.

I'm sure a lot of people think it's gay, but I don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It'll hurt like fuck afterward, and the callouses will just grow back.

Your feet and skin are used to the protection and support from the callouses, and they grew there for a REASON.

Mrs. Dual wears sandals almost year round, and as such her feet are like gnarly tree bark, which poses a problem when she's going to wear heels or pumps to a wedding or whatnot... so we got one of those Ped-Egg cheese grater things, and I tried it on one spot on my foot to see what it was like, and that spot hurt with every step for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
i have not and nor do i ever intend on getting one
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
How abou and simple "no" option? Not opposed to it, but never cared to do it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had one, from my stepdaughter. I paid over $6,000 for her schooling to learn all this stuff. In Maryland, you must be certified to do fingernails and shit like that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
It's gay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have.  My feet are nasty and it's nice to have them clipped, have the calluses shaved down, etc.  I go with my girlfriend.

Yeah, my wife and her parents go every few weeks. They ask me if I want to go and I tell them no thanks that's gay. Then her father tells me about how good it feels.

Really, I dont like poeple touching me so no not happening.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Gay or not––-go get your feet done...I get mine done every 2 weeks....Haven't convinced the hubby yet...

But here is an incentive––-they rub your legs an stuff!!! You men would love it...

Now stop being all silly and go let Jessica (that is my nail gal's American name *lol*) rub on your feet!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]
that's gayer than a bag of dicks
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Never had one, but most men who wear sandals/flip flops ("mandals") should consider it.  It's downright disgusting to see (and in some cases smell) their dawgs.  

If you're going to inflict visual (and olfactory) assault on the public by displaying your feet, have some common courtesy and clean them up.  

[As I said in the other thread, it's a good thing most of us here do not wear mandals.  You cannot "fight or flight" in mandals.  We're not all space shuttle door gunners, but most of us have some tactical sense.]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, my wife and her parents go every few weeks. They ask me if I want to go and I tell them no thanks that's gay. Then her father tells me about how good it feels.

Really, I dont like poeple touching me so no not happening.

If you didn't have a problem with people touching you, I'd suggest you try it just for the experience.

I was opposed for a long time, but honestly, I've gotten to the point where I don't care if people think I'm gay or weird for getting it done.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never had one, but most men who wear sandals/flip flops ("mandals") should consider it.  It's downright disgusting to see (and in some cases smell) their dawgs.  

If you're going to inflict visual (and olfactory) assault on the public by displaying your feet, have some common courtesy and clean them up.  

[As I said in the other thread, it's a good thing most of us here do not wear mandals.  You cannot "fight or flight" in mandals.  We're not all space shuttle door gunners, but most of us have some tactical sense.]

I agree.  I'll wear adidas flip flops on the boat or maybe to go to the grocery store, but when I used to bounce I'd see people wearing them to bars and think they were crazy.  I never wore anything but steel toed boots to bars.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I voted pie.  

The only pedicure I'll ever see will involve a pressure washer, belt sander with 60 grit, an angle grinder and a dremel.  I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#17]
An official "go-into-the-salon-and-pay-for-one" pedicure?  

No, but I've had a few girlfriends who gave me home manicures and pedicures.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm gonna go with this one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Wife got me one for Father's Day. Must say, it did rock. Foot massage and all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Gayer than Elton John's fanny-pack

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#21]
All you men who are saying it is gay––-I would consider your POV if it was a man doing it....Hell it is some 5'2 Asain chick with hands that should be insured...

Go get it done...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All you men who are saying it is gay––-I would consider your POV if it was a man doing it....Hell it is some 5'2 Asain chick with hands that should be insured...

Go get it done...

I love this woman.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go get it done...

I love this woman.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Holy gay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Go get it done...
I don't need my feet to be pretty and soft.

Besides, I've been waiting for the perfect time to unload all these "gayer than" comments. I really don't care that much.

Gayer than 8 guys getting pounded by 9 guys

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen to this man he knows lots about bags of dicks.

I am trying to figure out what is gay about it *lol*....Gay that some woman is touching your feet and rubbing your legs?  Shit if that is the case––half of you on here are gay!!  Cause your wives touch your legs I am sure...

Maybe it is the whole toe nail polish thing...You know they don't polish they guys nails who get pedi's...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go get it done...
I don't need my feet to be pretty and soft.

Besides, I've been waiting for the perfect time to unload all these "gayer than" comments. I really don't care that much.

Gayer than 8 guys getting pounded by 9 guys

It's not about being pretty and soft silly...It is about getting that nasty ass toe jam and shit from between your funky ass toes...It is about getting all the callouses off so that you guys can walk with us when we want to take a nice stroll or something...

You are so silly...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Does it count if you had a podiatrist look at your fungus covered toenails?

I voted pie!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#32]

" />
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen to this man he knows lots about bags of dicks.

I am trying to figure out what is gay about it *lol*....Gay that some woman is touching your feet and rubbing your legs?  Shit if that is the case––half of you on here are gay!!  Cause your wives touch your legs I am sure...

Maybe it is the whole toe nail polish thing...You know they don't polish they guys nails who get pedi's...

I was more or less making a joke.

While getting a pedicure is not on the very mannly side of things, I really don't care.

The guy who got the sperm facial treatment at the New York spa, GAY.

lol––-I was kinda responding to your response to him...I thought it was a very funny joke btw...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#34]
How is having a woman soak your feet in hot soapy water, clip your toenails, and then massage your feet with lotion, GAY?

You guys don't know what you're missing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Never needed to.  ((shrugs))

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I did once.  The wife bought me a gift card for my Birthday one year so I went.

The lady doing it almost puked when I sat in the chair and she saw my feet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#37]
My wife does my feet once in a blue moon, usually in exchange for a massage or something.  It's very nice.  If you've never had your toes sucked you're missing out.  And they don't do that one in the nail salon.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#38]
This is all ya need.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#39]
My wife is a cosmetologist. She's given me a few, but I feel guilty. She does that shit at work all day, shouldn't have to do it at home too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Wash your freaking feet in the shower and trim your own toe nails. How hard is that shit?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry, but it's pretty gay.  In this case, by gay, I mean extremely metrosexual.  It's just like when you see guys with carefully plucked/waxed/shaped eyebrows.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Never a pedicure, but I once got a shiatsu foot massage in Japan.  Old dude with hands so strong he could probably crush concrete in his palm.  Motherf^(ker HURT.  But I felt like I was walking on clouds for the next three days.  Not sure if it was really worth it, but the experience was something else.

Pedicures, though?  Screw that.  It's gay and you get an infection.  And I'm to understand that people pay for this?  No thanks, I'll just clip my own toenails.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like someone is trying out for thier tiara on thier avatar again...

TRG
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#44]
5 year old daughter gave me one once.

I tried to tell her it wasn't manly. That didn't work.

It's amazing the things you will do for your daughter.

Removed the nail polish that night when she went to bed. She cried the next day.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like you need some better boots!

http://www.redwingshoes.com/
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#46]
GAY
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd like to try it sometime. Nothing wrong with good hygiene.

Remember when shops were using some sort of little fish to chew the dead skin off ? I've never had a pedicure. but I'd like to try one of those.

My Dad is in his 80's and he has a guy come to the house every two weeks to do it. Medicare pays for it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#49]
I've thought about it...they do they at the place where I get my hair cut.

I wouldn't mind properly cut toenails and a little somethingon  the dry spots on my heel.

But, I have ugly guy feet, and don't know if I want to subject the cute Asian girls to them.

I'm comfortable being handled by strange women.

eta I've had one in the past- my stylist was going for a certification and needed a test dummy or 2.

IF YOU HAVE CALLUSES OR DRY HEELS

Meet Mr. Pumice

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=mr+pumice&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3263722375&ref=pd_sl_ijhp3cjra_e

these bars are great for taking down callouses -from the manly lifting of heavy weights or doing manly chin ups- or to keep your dry heels from shredding nice dress socks.

also available from teh cute girls at Sally Beauty Supply.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I wear sandals all the time. My feet look fine.

When the wars and Iraq and Afghanistan had established safe zones they had lots of demand for pedicurist. Doing manly things in boots day in and day out is a strain on the feet. If our troops are doing it in large numbers I'm not going to be the one to call it gay.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top