Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:39:08 AM EDT
Besides him being a racist...

Did he do anything besides breaking parliamentary procedure?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
He challenged the annointed one.   Unacceptable!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
No, and he's not a racist.   Just more left wing smear tactics.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
They needed a poster child for a focus of contention. Its nothing more. They ran out of dead celebrities. Guess he'll have to do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
If you'll notice, it's the Dems from his own state that are clammoring the loudest.

It's party politics with two scoops of unwarranted righteousness.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
It is the US congress, the constitution does not apply...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#6]
He's a patriot, he was the only one telling the truth during that elloquent speech. Now he'll get ground up in the media.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd be angry too; told to attend a joint session of Congress, and then the POTUS SHOWS UP 15 MINUTES LATE. Then all he does is repeat the same lies.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
He is a diversion for Acorn and other problems brewing for the libs right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Members of Congress are supposed to remain quiet while another speaker has the floor.  They routinely break this rule.  You'll hear the acting speaker occasionally warn the gallery to quiet down (that's where you and I can sit to watch the proceedings), but much more frequently he/she has to the tell the Members themselves to quiet down, take their conversations off the floor, etc.  

House decorum is routinely broken, but In this particular instance, Joe Wilson just happened to be the loudest voice to be heard in the din while the wrong person was speaking.

As usual, it's all politics and media spotlight.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#10]
He was out of line.  But the smearing on one side and cheerleading on the other are both over the top.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Why is it okay to 'interrupt' the President's speech with applause that goes on and on and on and on and on with every other word spoken, but two seconds of "YOU LIE" is unacceptable? Seems to me that applause is just as disruptive as speaking out loud. Actually, the applause seems to take longer and causes more of a delay.

Oh, that's right ... opposing points of view are silenced even when they're telling the truth. I forgot how Liberals are for a second.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It happens all the time in Parliament

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

hahaha, you funny..
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Because of what he did, there may be specific wording preventing illegals from getting a free ride. I applaud him for having the balls to say something.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He was out of line. .....

Opinions vary. AFAIC, the truth is never out of line, and the truth is that Obie is a lying sack of shit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm waiting for the rebuke of whichever congress-person who invited code pink to attend the state of the union speech last year.

I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Colonel Wilson told the truth inside the beltway in a public forum.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Racist???  I'd vote for he to be President.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#20]
hoosier122––Off topic but does your screen name have anyrthing to do with the 122nd TFW INANG at FWA?  Just wondering.

I'm a racist.  Oh, what was the question?

TC
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Whether or not the language is in the bill is irrelevant. If a social service is offered to the general public, the government is prohibited from excluding "persons" from taking advantage of it.

Even if the Jackass party allows the such an amendment, it is just one SCOTUS ruling away from providing healthcare to all illegals.

In the late 1970s, the State of Texas enacted legislation that denied a public school education to the children of illegal immigrants and denied state aid to municipalities that attempted to educate those children. Many illegal immigrants filed suit and all of the cases made their way to the Supreme Court. In a landmark ruling, that most lawyers know about, and that every professor of constitutional law knows about, called Plyler vs. Doe (1982), the Court ordered Texas to make the same education available to illegal immigrants as it does to citizens.

In so doing, the Court held that:
(a) the Constitution protects “persons” ; and
(b) “persons” are citizens as well as strangers, people born here and people who end up here, people here lawfully and people here unlawfully; and
(c) in the area of social services, whatever benefits the government makes available to the general public cannot be kept away from a class of persons based on their immigration status or that of their parents.

In other words, the U.S. government cannot give “free” health care to citizens without also giving the same free health care to illegal aliens, without violating the Constitution.

Hussein's legal credentials are impressive. He cannot say, with a straight face or under oath, that he knows nothing about this SCOTUS ruling. The fact is that he knows it, and his advisers know it. They'll add the anti-illegal provision, knowing full well that it will be struck down by the SCOTUS in the future, thereby providing de facto free medical care to all illegal aliens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top