Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:50:44 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former President George W. Bush "seemed to feel considerable unease" with John McCain as the Republican presidential nominee, according to ex-speechwriter Matt Latimer in his tell-all memoir on his days in the White House.

In Latimer's new book, "Speech-less: Tales of a White House Survivor," set to hit bookstores on September 22, he reveals Bush's reactions to the economic collapse, the presidential campaign, and other memorable events. GQ published an excerpt from the memoir in its October issue.

Latimer said Bush liked Mitt Romney best and that he was "clearly not impressed with the McCain operation." Latimer said the former president wanted to appear with McCain at a campaign event in Phoenix, but after he was told the then-Republican nominee couldn't get enough people to show up, he called it a "cruel hoax."

"'He couldn't get 500 people? I could get that many people to turn out in Crawford.' He shook his head. 'This is a five-spiral crash, boys.'"

Bush presumed Hillary Clinton would be the Democratic nominee, according to Latimer, and was extremely critical of Barack Obama. Latimer said Bush was "ticked off" after one of Obama's speeches and he said the future president wasn't "remotely qualified" for the challenges of the job.

"(Bush) came in one day to rehearse a speech, fuming. 'This is a dangerous world,' he said for no apparent reason, 'and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you,'" Latimer said.

Latimer also made the controversial assertion that after Sarah Palin was tapped as McCain's running mate, Bush reportedly asked whether she was "the governor of Guam" and said that she was "not even remotely prepared." A former Bush and Palin aide has challenged the accuracy of the charge.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/16/bush-on-obama-this-guy-has-no-clue-2/#more-69178
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious terms he uses.

"isn't remotely qualified " implies  Obama won't ever be up to the challenge.

While of Palin he said "not even remotely prepared" indicates she may be capable just not yet as in, put somemore work into it & she can do the job.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
oh snap!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Latimer also made the controversial assertion that after Sarah Palin was tapped as McCain's running mate, Bush reportedly asked whether she was "the governor of Guam" and said that she was "not even remotely prepared." A former Bush and Palin aide has challenged the accuracy of the charge.

I agree with this, I don't think Palin was prepared for the media onslaught that was heading her way. Her family was drug through the mud like no one else in the history of this Country.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:05:15 AM EDT
[#6]
This article is going to piss off the Palinbot's.

I agree with him on several things in that article everything from he thinking Clinton was going to get it all the way to Palin.

We were doomed from the start...there was no way, no how to win the election in 2008.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Shit.

I could be President.

I think Obamalamadingdong doesn't have a clue either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep your mouth shut around Matt Latimer apparently.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The Messiah being in over his head doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that the Messiah's handlers are in over their head.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I would love to sit around a fire and have some beers with George.    That or fishing with him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would love to sit around a fire and have some beers with George.    That or fishing with him.

I'll buy the beer
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Dumb fucks in this country will never understand how good they had it with W in the WH.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll buy the beer

I'll get the bait.

Actually, a dove shoot would probably be more fun (just don't bring Cheney along)

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I miss Dubya, sure he might not have been perfect. But I realy think his heart was allways behind this country. And a lot of people got duped by the media on him, America is full of morons who will take what they see,hear and read as gospel truth.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy the beer

Fuck ya, that would be on my list of things to do before I die.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keep your mouth shut around Matt Latimer apparently.

No Shit   !  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Listening to  Bush's pinion is about as reliable a gage as going to a retard for medical advice on a brain tumor.  The man thought Palin was the Governor of Guam.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy the beer

I'll bring the boat.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Listening to  Bush's pinion is about as reliable a gage as going to a retard for medical advice on a brain tumor.  The man thought Palin was the Governor of Guam.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I miss Dubya, sure he might not have been perfect. But I realy think his heart was allways behind this country. And a lot of people got duped by the media on him, America is full of morons who will take what they see,hear and read as gospel truth.

Illegals was not Dubya's strong suit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was being sarcastic.

The President cannot tell a joke, can he?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#22]
History will be more kind to Bush than the lib tard media ever was
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Little slow this morning are we?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy the beer

I'll get the bait.

Actually, a dove shoot would probably be more fun (just don't bring Cheney along)

My older brother took him on a guided quail hunt while he was the Texas Governor.  He had nothing but good things to say about him.  He told me that he was surprisingly down to earth and "real".
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#26]
those are some crazy quotes.... makes it read like Latimer, at a CNN interview, said "Bush said this ''" .... , which sounds more like heresay (rumors), than quotes from his book.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

nice try
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think at least he can probably spell better than you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#29]
President Bush hit the nail on the head.  Shame the GOP was so fucking spooked by the Dems in the 08 election that they shit all over themselves.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Illegals was not Dubya's strong suit.

but illegals were Ronnie Reagans strong suit huh...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You heard about Bush's fishing trip one day while he was on vacation at the Crawford ranch?

He and a couple friends were in a boat drinking root beer and fishing when one of his friends said they were out of root beer. Bush stood up and said "I'll go get some more out of the truck." He walked across the lake to the truck, opened the cooler, grabbed another ice cold six pack and walked back across the lake to the boat, sat down,  and continued fishing. Of course the press corps over on the far shore got plenty of pictures they plastered across the front page the next day. Know what the headline read?

Bush Can't Swim!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dumb fucks in this country will never understand how good they had it with W in the WH.

Yup

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top