Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 9:21:41 PM EDT
I'll admit I actually watch this show and love it, but it's been in reruns for the past year.  WTF?!  And wouldn't it make sense for them to trade in their 92Fs for FN Five Sevens to go along with their P90s?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought i heard scifi picked it up...
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
New season is suppose to start in May if rumor is accurate.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought HBO was producing it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No I believe Showtime dropped em and SciFi is picking up the slack.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
SciFi has become one hell of a channel!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet, I love SG-1.  It's a little cheesy but the really cool strong story base from the movie makes alot of the episodes pretty cool.  (would have been better to make another couple movies though IMO...)

I was just thinking to myself the other day that SciFi needed to at least buy the syndication rights or whatever you call it and run re-runs of it.  SG-1 perfect for the channel, better than anything else they show...  The only station that shows it besides showtime here is FOX, and it's only on at Saturdays at midnight, not exactly a great time slot...  It will hopefully get primetime showing on SciFi.

Anyone have a link with the details of the SciFi deal?

Nevermind, here's the press release on it:

SCI FI to Produce 22 New Episodes of the Emmy-Nominated Series

SCI FI Channel has completed a deal with MGM Television to produce 22 all new original episodes of the award-winning series Stargate SG-1. The series, which stars Richard Dean Anderson, will debut in its sixth season exclusively on SCI FI in June 2002. The announcement was made today by Bonnie Hammer, President of the SCI FI Channel.

“We are thrilled to be able to strengthen our already solid relationship with MGM by adding Stargate to our stable of original series,” stated Hammer. “With its stellar creative team, we are confident that the series will soon build upon its already loyal audience.”

Stargate SG-1 is the third MGM series to find a home on SCI FI. The Channel is currently airing new episodes of The Outer Limits, and previously produced 22 original episodes of Poltergeist: The Legacy.

Production on the new season of Stargate SG-1, which is currently airing its fifth season on Showtime and its fourth in syndication, is slated to begin on XXX in Vancouver. The series is also slated to air on SCI FI as a weekday strip, beginning with Season One, in fourth quarter 2002 as part of a 1998 deal with MGM.

Stargate SG-1 stars Richard Dean Anderson as Air Force Colonel Jack O’Neill. The series, which debuted on Showtime in June 1997, centers on the Stargate, an ancient portal that allows instantaneous travel across the galaxy. O’Neill and Egyptologist Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) explore the uncharted regions of the universe - searching for clues to save the Earth from destruction. The series also stars Amanada Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis and Teryl Rothery. Stargate SG-1 is executive produced by Jonathan Glassner, Brad Wright, Michael Greenburg, and Richard Dean Anderson.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Here, it's on ABC(???)

Any how, the paper tv guide says that the episode being shown is when General Hammond resigns.  I haven't seen it.

Oh, the character Jack O'Neil played by Richard Dean Anderson.  In the movie, he was all military, Yes sir, no sir by the book or you're rear is mine opinion.  The definition of military.  The personality you would expect.  Now, the way Anderson 'acts' him, I'm sorry, but he's more like MacGyver then the original Col. O'Neil!!!  Anyone think this too???  Or is Kaliburz talking long walk on short pier????

(The Danial character seems to be right, but not O'Neil!!!)
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Richard Dean Anderson is a flaming anti-gun weenie hypocrite that ranks up there with Sylvester Stallone. It is ok for him to play around with the latest firearms in pursuit of "art" but not ok for the little people to do so also.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Richard Dean Anderson is a flaming anti-gun weenie hypocrite that ranks up there with Sylvester Stallone. It is ok for him to play around with the latest firearms in pursuit of "art" but not ok for the little people to do so also.
View Quote
                                            BUT....he`s a REAL man.....I seen him weld metal with 12 volt jumper cables and a quarter......a REAL man I tell ya.....[puke]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Most Hollywood types are liberal weenies.  If you arranged your TV viewing via the politics of the actors, you simply wouldn't watch any.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#11]
BTW, to answer the original question, the new episodes of SG1 will premiere June 16th on the Sci Fi Channel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Crap, I'm going into withdrawal.  Maybe we'll find out Osama Bin Laden is actually a Go'uald.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Crap, I'm going into withdrawal.  Maybe we'll find out Osama Bin Laden is actually a Go'uald.
View Quote

[shock]

Call in SG-1!!!!!  (I thought his eyes were glowing in those tapes..........[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top