Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 8:01:17 PM EDT
My wife just rented it...wondering if it's any good. Your opinions are valuable.

If it's not...I will be:
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b] early!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you already got it. Watch it and let us know.

I think I missed it. Oh no, I guess I didn't.

A little far fetched in the plot. But good bone crunching fights like you would expect.

I liked most of his early movies. But somewhere around "Under Seige" I thought they started to get plots that were declining to "B" movie status. So I pretty well have quite seeing his flicks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
patriot? refresh my memory, i'm a little fuzzy on that one.  i just bought "fire down below"for like 3.00 or something, and it was actually good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless I have the wrong movie...

He plays a veterarian who quite/washed out of the Army's medical corp at Fort Detrick (sp?).

So he and his new Indian girlfriend, with her grandpa's traditional (which is always better anyways [rolleyes]) medicines, stop the Montana Militia from releasing a level 4 biohazard all over the place. But only at the last minute.

Like I said, plot is out there a bit. But Segal likes to break bones.

edited to add: Not a bad choice on Dollar night, or free on HBO/whoever. But not the best choice if you're going to pay full price.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Jonnie,
You get HBO for free?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jonnie,
You get HBO for free?
View Quote

Good point. LOL

Well as long as you're paying for it, might as well watch it.

BTW, I haven't had the tv hooked up in 7 or 8 years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty anti-militia story...  Right wing nuts are the terrorists of the future crap.

I like alot of Seagals movies, but this one was one of the absolute worst he's done (not taking story/anti militia into it, it sucks.  I could overlook that for a movie if it were good.  By my standards of liking Seagal movies it sucked...)  I think it was a done for HBO movie, part of the reason for it sucking...

Under Siege has got to be his best movie.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, pretty hard on the militia line.  But I like his flicks.  Worth watching.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a crap movie. The story is of the ATF arresting the militia leader after he declares on video that it is within his 2nd amendment rights to own a sawed off shotgun and proceeds to chop off a barrel below 18". He attempts to get even by inoculating himself with a stolen biowar agent with intent to infect the JBT's but it gets out of hand and spreads to the entire town. Then Segal comes to the rescue telling people to make flower tea that can cure the disease. Hahaha!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is a crap movie.
View Quote

Hey, it does have a scene with a BAR [:)]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I dunno, I kind of dug it in a nothing better to do sort of way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Does Segal whisper through the movie, or can he be understood?
I guess talking soooo quiet is a dead give-away of a really tough guy.
I wouldn't know, of course; I'm a scared little rabbit.[:E]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:52:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Fun to see what the militia could do if it wanted - seize control of a town from the military.

Ah dreams.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Segal is another of those actors, like Stallone, that made one good movie followed by a string of truly crappy films.  His first film, "Above the Law" was pretty good.  Since then he's grown fat and philosophical, and it's been all downhill.

I saw him on Jay Leno one night peddling his own line of aroma therapy oils.  Frankly, I think maybe he used too much axle grease in his hair and it soaked into his brain.

Jeez, I wonder if Ebert needs a new partner. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to get a tape of Seagal and Norris just wasting the bad guys and no other "acting" scenes shown.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
BAD BAD movie.

REAL BAD!!!!

Sort of interesting the mysterious cure for the Man made virus....was an ancient Indian Cure all!!

LOL

Oh and the fact that a top secret lab just happened to be outside of town....what a coincidence!!!

I just remember them tossing flowers out of the helicopters!!

Ahhhh bad bad memories!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
"Fire Down Below" was a tree hugging environmentalist BS movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top