Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 9:04:57 PM EDT
Well I just moved from Vegas a while ago, and this was my first time back as a visitor. Being a former resident I skip the normal stuff like paying for a hotel room, going to the strip, going to strip clubs, and other various standard stuff people who vacation in vegas are known to do.
I instead spent most of my time shooting, off-roading, seeing some races, going to a car show, did a little rock climbing. I also hooliganed it up quite a bit one day when we took turns pulling each other around in a shopping cart with a tow strap and dirt bike. That was fun, but not nearly as fun as using the dirt bike to pull a car hood with us on it at about 65 mph. Fun times.

I tried to no include too many uninteresting photos, but I'm sure there are a few

I forgot, here's me on the plane with my reading material and bookmarks. Got some interesting looks

Gearin up for the Baja 1000, my impatientness was only aggravated by being once again surrounded by off-road culture.
Here are a few of my old shop. Class 1 unlimited buggy here along with random stuff lyin around.

LS2....just chillin on the floor

Some toys

Some pics of the Primm 300

Me at the Primm 300 staring into the sun

Little car show down the street from my old house. Check out the Mercury all chopped....so sweet. Also notice the car with the battery box made from an ammo can and secured with an AC/DC leather belt, with a hole in the can and a skull pokin out. Badass

Terrain/view where we ride dirt bikes and have bonfires

And the coolest part of all, pulling a shopping cart and a car hood with a dirt bike. The car hood was steel and we thought it would work perfectly, but we knew it would get hot fast. So we rigged up some "seats" to keep the heat off our asses. Maybe cardboard wasn't such a good idea, as after a few minutes they BURST INTO FLAMES. I have a few crappy videos too but I'll see about doing something with them later.
For the record, we did about 60-70 on the car hood several times.

Shopping cart

Car hood, after installing seats

Car hood, after one seat burned up

Road rash

Drivin around, some random pictures of scenery I used to drive by every day.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet pictures.  So do you work for the shock company?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I could use some Brass knuckles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I forgot, here's me on the plane with my reading material and bookmarks. Got some interesting looks

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been out there many times and as a motocross racer and rider, I am convinced I grew up on the wrong side of the country!

I love doing all that crazy hillbilly shit !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW, awesome pictures!

glad to see that you had a great time!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Why anyone would move from the greatest place on earth is beyond me.

Great pix
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sweet pictures.  So do you work for the shock company?

I used to. Now I'm in a different state, unfortunately. Nevada was awesome. Lots of cool hillbilly stuff to do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent pics!!!

Need to see close up of those 2 chicks though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have been out there many times and as a motocross racer and rider, I am convinced I grew up on the wrong side of the country!

I love doing all that crazy hillbilly shit !!!!!!!!!!!

lol first thing I thought too. hillbilly shit

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Any my buddy acquired this old rifle a while ago, he's unsure of what it is or what it's worth. It's Italian, called a Torino, and old, that's about all I know. I'm gonna make a thread in the curios board later today to try to get some info, but here are two.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#14]
The roller coaster at Primm

Little girl's birthday party

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I love this state...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love this state...

I do too. I've broken my body more in Nevada more than anywhere else. And I broke myself here in Colorado for a good 20 years before I moved there!

Little rashy rash

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Cool pics, im on cox high speed internet and my cpu started to smoke...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#20]
How much does one of those old buggies run, ive always wanted a sandrail, but id have to make it street legal to tool around on in the summer time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How much does one of those old buggies run, ive always wanted a sandrail, but id have to make it street legal to tool around on in the summer time.

Well you could get an "old" buggy for maybe....10k-15k, but that's a cheapie and will have problems and probably break.
For a rail I'd say you're looking at 10k.
Getting one street legal is a pain the the ass, BIGTIME pain the the ass.

If you look at specialty companies that build off-road vehicles light trophy-lites and full trophy trucks, you can get a brand new tube-frame stock-motor low range suspension setup for 40k.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Excellent pics!!!

sorry I didn't spend too much time taking pictures of girls. There were so many around I just tried to snap pics of cool stuff and just talk to the girls. Feels weird to be be the "take pictures of all the chicks" guy. Creeper
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent pics!!!

sorry I didn't spend too much time taking pictures of girls. There were so many around I just tried to snap pics of cool stuff and just talk to the girls. Feels weird to be be the "take pictures of all the chicks" guy. Creeper

Thanks for nothing.
J/K

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#24]
LS1 or LS6 in the dune buggy I'm guessing.  You could use a few more shocks and reservoirs too!  
And I'm sure you realize you would be considered a little weird by some people's standards.....not mine of course.  I have no standards.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LS1 or LS6 in the dune buggy I'm guessing.  You could use a few more shocks and reservoirs too!  
And I'm sure you realize you would be considered a little weird by some people's standards.....not mine of course.  I have no standards.

The old motor was an LS2, it's the one chillin on the floor in those pictures. New motor is actually an LS7.
Not sure I agree with you on the shocks. Wait...unless you were joking.

By some people's standards I'm not even human. Weird to me is a perfectly acceptable description.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool pics trashing a company's stolen shopping cart. Posting pics of criminal activity is probably not a good thing
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cool pics trashing a company's stolen shopping cart. Posting pics of criminal activity is probably not a good thing

I'm not particularly worried about it. I've trashed lots of stuff I found in the desert. Doubt whoever that shopping cart belonged to was going to be able to track it down, and I'm not a helpful enough guy to load it into a truck and drive all around town asking random people who work at any store with shopping carts if they happen to be missing one.

Plus when I found it it still had all four wheels, and I can't pass up a chance to go really fast on something that has four perfectly good casters on it!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Thats a sweet site to have bonfires at.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thats a sweet site to have bonfires at.

It was a really sweet party spot. Man where I used to work we got deliveries on these 8' long pallets. They were all good solid wood, and those pallets were damn heavy. We got about 8 of those in a week.
We'd wait about 3 weeks and once we had close to 30 we'd cart them up to that spot and burn like 6,7,8 at a time.

Huge ass fires. Oh and we never would ever burn tires, particularly enormous tractor tires that got so hot you couldn't put it out with less than a fire hose if the cops got called......but someone did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]
killer pics! thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Repeat but this is so cool

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you ride that rollercoaster? I forgot what its called, but the drop on it is gnar. I screamed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the cut of your jib, sir.  Looks like a fuckin' blast all the way around to me!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Flat out 10/10!

With all that HP to enjoy, you must really be looking forward to Obama's mandate for everyone to drive the prius and smaller. Even the Camry hybrid does not meet the fuel economy required in 5 years. Enjoy the "oil days" while you can. I know I am!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like the cut of your jib, sir.  Looks like a fuckin' blast all the way around to me!

And I....like....uhh.....the way you mopped the foredeck...?

Edit: Sorry, Don't really know much in the way of nautical terms.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like a blast.  I love doing stupid shit involving fast vehicles and hillbilly engineering.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks like a blast.  I love doing stupid shit involving fast vehicles and hillbilly engineering.

"Engineering" .....I think you're giving us wayyyyy too much credit.
Well actually my buddies and I have done some pretty cool projects, but this time it was just a truck hood.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#39]
microsoft picture resizer is your friend...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
100 pics took 4 minutes to load

Need to put: go run some errands and then come back!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Doesn't seem weird at all, looks like a fun time..BTDT with the car hood, except we were towing it behind a snowmobile on snow. That LSwhatever buggy is sick..so is that pre-runner f150..
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#42]

bump for this picture...ammo can battery box + ac/dc belt as a strap = win

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top