Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 10:16:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It caught the last train for the coast with common sense and logic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Request a meeting with the school's administration.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the department director personally.  I hope it doesn't need to go that far.

Just do it.  The school needs to know 1.) that you get the right s/w 2.) the wrong s/w doesn't just get tossed.

ETA - it probably won't get past the explanation for the request.  That's the idea.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Heh....how about a $200 Spanish book that comes with CD/key wrapped in plastic where you drop the class the first week(including having opened the plastic) and you go to take the book back and the Bookstore informs you that policy per "that week" is they can no longer take opened plastic-wrap books back and you have to wait until Book Buy-back to sell it back.

I told them to get fucked and that campus bookstores are the biggest thieves on planet Earth.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It caught the last train for the coast with common sense and logic.

How true and sad....
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Dont look at me, It wasnt my fault.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
College books stores are part of your academic life.  We all overpaid, we all sold shit back for pennies.  That big campus and all the salaries aren't free you know.

It sucks.  It will end some day - and you will MISS IT!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
are you getting punked by some counter chick at the campus bookstore????
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Just make your next step the department director...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know the department director personally.  I hope it doesn't need to go that far.

No, I think it really needs to.

Time for the director to find some replacement staff.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, you can download the correct version from Adobe's site-only need a Windows serial number to run it.
Don't let them weasel out that easily, however.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#14]
It was replaced by "Don't look at me!"

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And customer service?

Ordered some software for my new computer. Purchased it from the campus software office since they offer discounted personal copies to staff/faculty. Office 2007 and Adobe Pro. Receipt says "Windows Version" for Adobe. Take it home, open it up and it won't install. Upon further examination it's a Mac version. Called them up to ask for a replacement and they won't trade it since it's been opened. When I informed them that it was their error I got a very snotty "Well I didn't screw up". It may not have been the individual I was speaking to but someone in her department is responsible for the error (there are only two of them in this department).

Should I have assumed it was anything but what I ordered and what they initialed on the receipt as being in the package? I now have to make another trip over to discuss the issue with them as it is against their policy to exchange opened software.

wait a second, you're dealing with people that work at a university??  is it a liberal arts school by chance???  you expect them to have conservative values???

There's no place for personal responsibility in liberalism, that just gets in the way of making everything equal, success must be capped to do away with failure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#17]
N000bs  Always check the back of packaging details of anything your buying thats handed to you by a store employee, especially at a store run by college students.  You assumed they gave you the right software and you opened it up, bet ya 10 bucks it said MAC version somewhere on the packaging.  To the other guy bitchin about the spanish shit, take that as a lesson not to buy expensive book/software bundles until you've attended the class at least once or twice to decide if its the right class for you at that time.  Most teachers don't really do much important shit the first week anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Licensing is a bitch.  We do for OS's, Office, AV S/W, etc.

We resell the media, and supply the codes.

On a $200 sale like you're referring, there isn't much markup - they need to be careful, and if too many mistakes are made the management needs to know quickly.

I had a former American Airlines pilot doing this once, a real "can do no wrong - don't blame me kind of guy".  After he left, we found something like 5-6 Server OS's he screwed up in a drawer.  Not cheap.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top