Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 9:42:03 AM EDT
Man, I think I would like this job, sounds like a lot of fun.
========================================================================

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/TRAVEL/NEWS/02/08/passenger.complaints.ap/index.html[/url]

Air travelers say they're being groped
Airlines allegedly involved not identified by FAA

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Dozens of female travelers have filed complaints with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state officials, saying that male airport security screeners have groped them under the guise of random body searches.

The complaints include 18 filed with the FAA by women who say they were singled out for pat-down searches when they were traveling alone, then groped or fondled by male agents, according to spokesman Jerry Snyder.

The complaints were made from October 11 to January 31. Security measures at airports have been tightened, and the use of random body searches increased since the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Sharon Schmidt, of Placerville, California, says a security worker whisked her to a closed-off area as part of an airport screening, then smirked as he put his hands inside her sweater and slid them up her torso.

"I am appalled, infuriated and disgusted that the FAA has given airlines their approval to randomly violate my civil liberties," she said.

No law requires same-sex screeners
Current policy allows female passengers to request female screeners, but no federal law requires airlines to provide an employee of the same sex to conduct searches.

The complaints are being forwarded to the airlines, which are responsible for disciplinary decisions, Snyder said. He did not identify the airlines involved in the complaints, nor give further detail on the alleged incidents.

At least 35 women have contacted Arizona Attorney General Janet Napolitano about being improperly touched during pat-down searches, spokeswoman Pati Urias said, although none has filed a criminal complaint.

Jim Sabourin, vice president of Tempe-based America West Airlines, said some of the complaints involved passengers on his airline. He said America West always follows federal procedures for searching passengers.

"The issue the attorney general claims to be a proponent of is much larger than any one airline," Sabourin said.

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. All rights reserved
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
This is right in line with an article I posted several days ago!

I thought that men were 'frisked' by men security officers, and women by women officers!

When did they change this rule?

Sounds like a nice job if you work an airport in the south of France!

'Course Bridgett Bardot's breasts could now be used to conceal a Stinger missile or two!

Just remember the Hun's motto when it comes to the female body - as it ages, everything gets (1) harrier, (2) larger, and (3) closer to the ground!

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, if they're let the male security workers grope the women, the ought to let the women security workers grope the men.  Are any of 'em good looking?  I might consider taking up flying more often....

[b]PLEASE RETURN THE STEWARDESS TO HER ORIGINAL, UPRIGHT POSITION!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
How do I get one of these security jobs and what airport is closest to the Playboy mansion?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to meet a female security screener that I would want to frisk me.  Most of them look like Rosie O'Donut.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hell, if they're let the male security workers grope the women, the ought to let the women security workers grope the men.  Are any of 'em good looking?  I might consider taking up flying more often....

[b]PLEASE RETURN THE STEWARDESS TO HER ORIGINAL, UPRIGHT POSITION!!!![/b]
View Quote

Nope, most of them are hamfisted beefalo types.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Well last Friday, on our way down to SHOT, We saw a man taking things into his own hands (pun intended).  He was drunk walking through SeaTac Airport grabbing handfulls as women walked by.  I saw one cop pin him against the wall and was trying to frisk him as I walked into the restroom, while in there I could hear the screaming getting louder.  When I got out there were 9 cops there with 6 on top of him screaming to stop resisting, while he screamed back he wasn't (he was).  When it was all over he was bleeding a bit about the head and shoulders.  I would bet a few hours later after he sobered up he probably decided it wasn't such a good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top