Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2009 5:23:40 PM EDT
Yeah, I haven't seen one like it before. They wanted $309.00 for it. I don't care much for Hi-Point, but I have heard nothing but good things about their little pistol-caliber carbines. This one had a stock like I haven't seen on any other one before, with rails on it and a BUIS, and the sales guy said it was new out of the box. The charging handle wasn't even installed on it yet. He showed me the box with it still in the wrapper. The stock looked like a tactical, aftermarket job. I must admit I liked it until I saw the asking price, non-negotiable I might add. I went to Hi-Point's website and didn't see this particular model.

Oh yeah, the mag was a single-stack and lo-cap. All-in-all I couldn't bring myself to pay 300 for a Hi-Point.

OK, so I sent a letter to Charter Firearms (parent company of Hi-Point-Surprise) suggesting that alot of folks here like the new tactical model carbines, but wish they either modified them to accept Glock, or similar type mags, or produce high-capacity mags. Here is the response letter I got from them today...

Jason,
Thanks for the kind words about the new stock, we are very proud of it, as for the price of the new TS model, we did not have a price increase on the B model for 5 years and kept the retail price under 200.00 but with all of the raw material costs increasing over the last 2 years or so, we just had to have a price increase the Sug retail on the 995TS model is 249. so the shop you saw it in was a bit more than retail, perhaps they thought it was so cool that they could charge more??

The carbine has always accepted the 10 round mag, it was designed the year after the first assault weapons ban went in, we do offer a mag pouch that will hold 2 x-tra mags on the gun for a total of 30 on it but not in it.
we do get a ton of requests for hi-cap mags but it would take a complete re-design of the internal workings to do that .

Thanks Again

Charles Brown

After checking my email again, I noticed that this email had been forwarded once already throughout the dept. The person who originally read my email had this to say:
CB –

Will you tell this person why Hi-Point doesn’t make a hi-cap magazine?  Apparently he doesn’t know that the carbines already sell like hotcakes!

Thank you!

PJ

ETA: If you wish to contact him with any further questions, his email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats most likely the updated stock model.

Looks a hell of a lot better than the old one, I'll say.

If I was in the market for a cheap 9mm plinker, I'd get one.

Contrary to what you hear a lot, theres really nothing wrong with Hi Point. Those carbines are good guns.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
They need to upgrade the stock to accept double stack magazines.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Contrary to what you hear a lot, theres really nothing wrong with Hi Point. Those carbines are good guns.

That's what I was saying. The carbines are the only thing they make that I would be interested in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
$300?

Way overpriced.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agreed on the Carbines.  I have shot one and I rather liked it.  I haven't heard much bad about them either.  Their pistols, though, are junk from what I've heard, though I have no first hand knowledge of that.

As much as I liked the Hi-Point though, I decided to go with a Kel-Tec.  They're another good carbine in the same calibers (9mm & .40).

-K
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
They'd sell a hell of a lot more if they'd dump the current stock and use the storm-looking one.

Using Glock or Beretta mags would be nice too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
My uncle is a HUGE fudd collector, he has one of these if it is the stock that resembles the Beretta carbine. Its fun to shoot with the chicom red dot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the stock in question, I assume. Just found this pic on google

Its a FACTORY stock, not aftermarket.

Still an ugly gun, but miles better than before

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/hi-point.jpg

That IS the stock, xcept it was all-black. WAY better looking than the ass-ugly ones before. They don't show it on their website though. Only reason I went to the website was to see what the MSRP is on them. I know how pawn shops operate and they were prolly asking $100.00 over. The older ones were $150.00 new at pawn shops. In fact, I believe these were one of the few guns that pawn shops sold new.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I thougt the one I saw for $260 was over priced, but I still want one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, I think 200ish was about average for a NEW carbine. I wouldnt be surprised if the updated model commanded a little more, but I wouldnt pay more than 250 or so
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I love that mullet and the Harley shirt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That 'stock' in question is the 4595 Carbine that has not yet gone into production yet. It's a .45ACP Carbine that Hi-Point has been working on for quite some time. It wiil (when offered commercially) carry the same 'no questions asked' lifetime warranty that comes with all Hi-Point firearms..

Currently, you can purchase a 9MM and a .40 in their carbine line.

Bash Hi-Point all you want. They are one American Company that stands behind its product.

Henceforth, I stand behind them. (plus I love my .45 JHP, it runs when a Kimber wont)

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dats wun hell ofuva gun.

Nice mullet.

Seriously polish a turd...
Moped thing too...
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That 'stock' in question is the 4595 Carbine that has not yet gone into production yet. It's a .45ACP Carbine that Hi-Point has been working on for quite some time. It wiil (when offered commercially) carry the same 'no questions asked' lifetime warranty that comes with all Hi-Point firearms..

Bash Hi-Point all you want. They are one American Company that stands behind its product.

Henceforth, I stand behind them. (plus I love my .45 JHP, it runs when a Kimber wont)

Its not the .45

Thats the new style carbine. I have seen, felt, and shot one. In 9mm. It exists.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF? I saw it today at a pawn shop. And it was chambered in 9mm., not .45 ACP.  It must be in production, or somehow this pawn shop has clandestinely smuggled a shipment of them into their storeroom. You make the call.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
1911 mags too much too ask?  Let me guess proprietary mags?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought these were MSRP $199 NIB?
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
1911 mags too much too ask?  Let me guess proprietary mags?

Pretty sure they're proprietery.Theylook similar to a 1911 mag, but chambered in 9 mm. like I said.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I paid $139 for mine NIB and promptly installed the ATI stock..............much easier on the eyes. I also put a cheap rubber armored red dot on it and bought several mags. It's a fun little plinker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#22]
If HiPoint came out with a doublestack version of that gun, it'd be pretty much like a license to print money.

How many times do you hear the range warriors proclaiming they want a 9mm carbine, but they don't want to pay the money for a 9mm AR?  That thing would sell like hotcakes.

KelTec would sell a metric load of Sub2000s as well if they would just get the damn 9mm Glock mag models back into stores again!  I haven't seen one of those in probably a year or so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thats not a bad looiong little carbine.  IMO, no worse than the Kel Tec.

I'd buy one for a fun, cheap to shoot, plinker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd buy one if it came in a double-stacked .45.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#25]
If they took glock or beretta mags I would own one.  If that was the case I would say $300 is not completely out of line.  High, but not completely insane.  Hell a 10/22 costs damn near that much these days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is that the place where they are made?
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe so, because IIRC that is the owner of the company.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience with Hi-Point is when a buddy bought a .380 pistol. We took it to the range and the piece of shit wouldn't feed anything. My next experience is with a 9mm carbine. It too, wouldn't feed for shit. Great guns for practicing malfunction clearing drills, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I believe so, because IIRC that is the owner of the company.

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#31]
The one you saw in the store is the 995TS they have plans to make a .45 but there is not a release date.

Promag makes a 15 round magazine but it is unreliable some have got them to work by tweeking the feed lips.

here is a decent price for the 995TS  http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G995TS

For more info go here

Hi Point forums

here is just one of the mods that people have done to the original stock to make it more attractive

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba2.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The one you saw in the store is the 995TS they have plans to make a .45 but there is not a release date.

Promag makes a 15 round magazine but it is unreliable some have got them to work by tweeking the feed lips.

here is a decent price for the 995TS  http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G995TS

For more info go here

Hi Point forums

here is just one of the mods that people have done to the original stock to make it more attractive

If Pro-Mag is the only company that makes an aftermarket mag for them, then that's a deal-breaker for me. I have plenty experience with Pro-Mag and none of it is good. I will never spend a dime on anything that has their name on it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My experience with Hi-Point is when a buddy bought a .380 pistol. We took it to the range and the piece of shit wouldn't feed anything. My next experience is with a 9mm carbine. It too, wouldn't feed for shit. Great guns for practicing malfunction clearing drills, though.

I've never had any reliablity problems with my carbine. And I've put quite a variety of ammo through it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So Am I th only one that actuallyliked the looks of the old model?

looked like something a stormtrooper would carry when hes out looking for those droids hes looking for

I do wish they'd redesign it for a doublestack mag though.  It was designed/produced during the ban though right? I figure that explains why they went singlestack low capacity, but that shit needs updated
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I still prefer the ATI stock

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had any reliablity problems with my carbine. And I've put quite a variety of ammo through it.

+1, even if you DID have problems with it, you can send it back to HI-Point, and they will fix it for FREE, and probably send you an extra mag back also for your troubles!

They have the best customer service of most any brand i've heard of.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump for edit
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

45 pistol here, never had a problem with it.  bought it to test reloads.

-edit:  also, I've never cleaned or lubed it yet  
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Jason,
Thanks for the kind words about the new stock, we are very proud of it, as for the price of the new TS model, we did not have a price increase on the B model for 5 years and kept the retail price under 200.00 but with all of the raw material costs increasing over the last 2 years or so, we just had to have a price increase the Sug retail on the 995TS model is 249. so the shop you saw it in was a bit more than retail, perhaps they thought it was so cool that they could charge more??

The carbine has always accepted the 10 round mag, it was designed the year after the first assault weapons ban went in, we do offer a mag pouch that will hold 2 x-tra mags on the gun for a total of 30 on it but not in it.
we do get a ton of requests for hi-cap mags but it would take a complete re-design of the internal workings to do that .

Thanks Again

Charles Brown

After checking my email again, I noticed that this email had been forwarded once already throughout the dept. The person who originally read my email had this to say:
CB –

Will you tell this person why Hi-Point doesn’t make a hi-cap magazine?  Apparently he doesn’t know that the carbines already sell like hotcakes!

Thank you!

PJ

A complete redesign of the internal workings?   Hollow out the fucking grips and come up with a mag redesign.   If I can buy fucking 40 round drum mags for a 1911 then these hillbillies should be able to whittle up something.  maybe doublestack that tapers up to single at the feed lips similar to a MAC-11.   It cant be that complicated.

they sell like hotcakes? thats probably a slight exaggeration, but I guarantee they'd sell more of them increasing the mag capacity than they will by bolting on some fucking rails.  At least they didnt go full tapco and mount a telestock to it
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I like that.  This plus a VFG would be much win.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

If HiPoint came out with a doublestack version of that gun, it'd be pretty much like a license to print money.

How many times do you hear the range warriors proclaiming they want a 9mm carbine, but they don't want to pay the money for a 9mm AR? That thing would sell like hotcakes.

KelTec would sell a metric load of Sub2000s as well if they would just get the damn 9mm Glock mag models back into stores again! I haven't seen one of those in probably a year or so.

I've been wishing they would turn out a version of the Sub 2000 in .45 ACP, using Glock 21 mags.

I suspect they've been too busy doing R&D on that new .308 bullpup of theirs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#44]
the people that build these have mullets.. OMFG that is perfect
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
the people that build these have mullets.. OMFG that is perfect

nah man, it is even better....The OWNER of the company has a mullet.

He looks like he re-built the transmission on my truck
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Not sure if I want to email him or just wait and pull the football away when he runs up to kick it.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not sure if I want to email him or just wait and pull the football away when he runs up to kick it.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/004.jpg
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Kimber runs everything without a hitch.  My buddies Hi Point .45 lost its rear sight after about 200 rounds.  Yes they do have a lifetime warranty, but they wanted him to send the gun back on his dime over night with return over night shipping and then pay something out of pocket to get a new rear sight put on, which would have brought his cost to repair it to almost what he paid for it.  I had nothing but good service from Kimber when I called them.  

You get what you pay for.  I guess they work for what they are meant to do.  I would never bet my life on one.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/004.jpg

Well that's an improvement....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top