Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 9:10:37 PM EDT
My Windows crashes when ever i try to download something off a website, is anyone willing to send DOD 2.0 to me via Kazaa or email? I know 140 megs is alot but im on a T-1 so it shouldnt take TOO long.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What's "DOD"?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Shrike, I found an ftp that has beta 2 and it is very fast, unfortunatly the address is at work, but I will email it to you tomarrow if you still need it.  Using the ftp is not the same as saving from a link so it sould work for you.

Edit to say it is a kick ass game now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Vulch.
Mike
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answer fellas.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
M4, looks like a Half-life mod, Day of Defeat.

[url]http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Day of Defeat
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
M4,

DOD or Day of Defeat is a WWII mod for Half Life.  It's by far the most fun mod, even more fun than Counter Strike.

See link below.

[url]http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com[/url]

Vulch,

Could you post or email me the fast FTP site?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok here is the link, just copy and past or drag to your desktop the file "dod_v20.exe"

make sure you delete your old dod folder out of your HL folder before you run dod_v20.exe

copy and paste this into your browser:
ftp://fileplanet.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/halflife/modifications/dayofdefeat/patches/win32/
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks fellas. Never played Half Life, but sounds cool. I just got done w/ Castle Wolfenstein & Max Payne.....I'm ready for a new one.

Is it better than Counter Strike? I've heard thats a good one too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Vulch i really appreciate it. Sorry M4 i didnt have time to tell you what DOD is, i was in a hurry. DOD is an addictive computer game that attepmts to simulate WW2.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#11]
It owns.  I had a functional download going ten minutes after Mugsy posted the mirrors (as they got added to the list, you could hit them before anyone else did.)

I was playing within half an hour.  Got on a nice fast server, with 31 other folks and had a blast.  Still has some bugs that need to be cleaned up (I'd expect to see a 2.1 soon.)  It still owns.

Finally, a game with bipod mounted belt fed MGs--it owns, I tell you!

Did I mention it owns? [:D]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard the snipers have to pause(ie:focus) before they can shoot now.  Sure hope so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard the snipers have to pause(ie:focus) before they can shoot now. Sure hope so.
View Quote

Yes, they do.  It takes about 1.25 seconds or so from the time you zoom until you have a clear view.  You also can no longer crawl around prone while zoomed in.

I think snipers are actually at a disadvantage right now--they can't take a quick peek at their full FOV without having to re-zoom and wait another second--one would think it would be fair for them to open the other eye, as it were.

I'm not complaining.  Snipers owned 1.3

Machinegunners have a bit of a quick, too.  They have to be prone to deploy their bipods, and cannot get back up unless they fold them.

The gun with the tripod, I can understand, but a bipod?

Nasty server side bug--when the map changes, everyone gets lagged out (if you ever lagged under 1.3 while trying to join a map, and had trouble with team selection, you know what I'm talking about.)

Recoil is also a tad excessive, but the other guy has the same problem.

MGs on a choke point are just plain deadly.

Anyway, it still owns. :)
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Vulch,

Thanks for posting the link!

I got it last night and it rocks.  Better graphics then 1.3b.  I didn't like what they did to the sniper, it made it entirely to hard to use.  I tried the heavy machine gunner and man, that was a blast.  I tried shooting that thing while running and I was all over the place.  Killed half the Germans and half my team! Ha, ha, ha!

Zak is right you can't use that thing effectively unless your prone.

I like using the plain old Rifleman for most missions but SGT is pretty good with Thompson!

What servers do you guys frequent?  It would be cool to get a AR-15.com DOD2 game going.

Later!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I generally play on the MaximumGamer servers.

I wasn't complaining about the fact that it isnt accurate if you're not prone--that actually makes alot of sense.  I was complaining about the fact that you can't stand up until you fold the bipod. [:)]

I think machine gunners are going to be to this version what snipers were to the last--very, very, powerful.  The covering fire they can lay down will also be essential to team success (have you played Omaha yet?  The allies NEED effective machine gunners, otherwise they will never advance off the beach.)

Did I mention it owns? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top