Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 7:07:07 PM EDT
Just a little FYI--

The UPS policy on signatured required packages is that the bar coded label must have a sig req number in it for it to be a non-releasable package. In other words the little green "signature required" stickers no longer mean dick.

Having a package require a signature is, and has always been, something that UPS charges the shipper for. Therefore the 1Z tracking number will have an 42 as the middle number and not an 03. the tracking number automatically prompts the diad to get a signature and unless they forge a sig the driver CANNOT leave the package. Someone will have to sign for it.

Some shippers try to cheat the system by not paying for the service and using the green stickers or printing signature required on the box. These no longer have to be honored.

This has been policy for quite a while now but UPS just announced it as an "official" policy change. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up, now let the UPS bashing begin!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting an average of 5-10 packages a day.  We have become painfully aware of it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had UPS drop cases of ammo and firearms (fully functional) comming back from Gunsmiths or manufacturer service with 2-3 "adult signature required " stickers on the front stoop without so much as ringing the doorbell or knocking one time even beat him to the door a few time to get handed a package on the run , Well one guy is cool(he is a memeber of our fish and game club --see him at the range from time to time) and puts guns and ammo by the bsmt door for me at my request-I leave a note Ok'ing him to leave it  but a second guy has been comming lately who delivers literally on the run and have yet to sign for a thing and then have to lug it down there anyway. If My wife wasnt here all day I am sure one of the little juvies in the neighborhood would have stolen one of them by now.
Maybe this will force Him to start before something happens.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, the green stickers don't mean dick. If a shipper does not pay for the signature required service the driver does not have to get a signature.

I have seen pistols and rifles before with no signature required label. These can be left on your doorstep no problem. I wouldn't do it personally but your adverage driver probaly doesn't have a clue if it's a gun or not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ordered some hard-to-find soda off the net
View Quote

Such as?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
All that means is that "MR. Porch" signs for the package.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No. Mr. Driver gets fired if Mr. Porch signs for a package.[;)]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Just had 1000 rds of 9mm from Sportsmans guide delivered by UPS on friday at 6pm..  It was a drop and run by my front door...   If the dogs hadn't barked, I wouldn't have known...
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Believe it or not 90% of ammo shipments are not shipped signature required. Unfortunatly the adverage UPS guy doesn't know and doesn't care what's in the package, so it will be a drop and run. If you want a shipment to be sig req you need to tell the shipper when ordering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top