Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 6:35:42 PM EDT
Just heard that an Officer, Giving a gun saftey ahndling course at a school shot a cild while showing how to safley handle a handgun.
Says the the officer took his duty weapon out and was showing it off and it discharged and grazed a boys head. The goy is in good shape at the hospital.

What the hell are people thinking? You do not take a loaded firearm out and show it off in a large crowd, I dont care who you are. You are just asking for trouble.

I think they should charge the Officer the same as they would charge you ar me. Also he should be fired.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I just came online to report the same thing.  It was just on CNN.

It happened in Philidelphia.

It was one of the kids MOM!!! She was in for SHOW AND TELL!

They are not sure if it was her service revolver or what.....( REVOLVER??)
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Saftey saftey saftey you have to remember that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
She is a 5yr vet of the dept and the weapon is a Glock 17 which is the issue arm of the Philly P.D.  Can't wait to see how the new Chief handles it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just heard that an Officer, Giving a gun saftey ahndling course at a school shot a cild while showing how to safley handle a handgun.
View Quote

I thought Barner Fife was back in Mayberry?

Did they take away her bullet?

Is this a reflection on female officers?

Is this a reflection on Philadelphia officers?

Closer to home: In the next county over (Rutherford), the acting chief was recently revealed to have shot & killed another cop a few years ago WHILE DEMONSTRATING A BORDER SHIFT!!!
The idiots excuse? "I didn't know it was loaded." I swear, that's what was in the paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top