Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 2:53:26 PM EDT
I need help finding an OUTDOOR rifle range, club would be better. i've been trying to join Monroe rifle and pistol club for 2 yrs now, and haven't gotten dick in form of a reply, nobody answers the number posted on this site for Washtenaw. DSC is capped off for the next 1000 yrs or so. i'm tired of paying out my rear just to shoot at an indoor range.  i hate shooting rifles indoors! i'd be willing to pay whatever the cost if i could just find a club or outdoor range to join.  it's frustrating and dissapointing. please help.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Move to Oregon.  That's what I ended up doing.

Have you tried the Lynnwood Bay Sportsman's Club near Bay City?  I used to shoot IDPA with those guys.  A good bunch of guys for sure.  There is also Multi lakes Sportsman’s club, but you have to have an invite to join. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
that's a little far north. actually i guess i shouldn't have moved.  i'm originally from pinconning. (born in Bay City, grew up in Crump).i know live just outside of detroit (monroe.)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
i actually have an indoor pistol range that i frequent, but they don't allow rifles, so i go to another indoor range farther away. i live in an apartment, so shooting in the backyard is out of the question,............or is it? [devil]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi All,

Dram here, SE MI born and raised.... and extrreeemely irritated too.

Short answer for you. There is no rifle range that is GOOD anywhere around here. NONE.

I belonged to DSC and told them in a letter to stick their membership where the good lord split them. 150 a year is fine but when you decide to charge 300 for not doing "work hours" at the club they can kiss my rear. Why not charge EVERYONE 300 or 350 even and have pros do all the work around the club?? Close the bar down and send the drunks somewhere else to booze it up for cheap. Noooooooo.... cant do that. So, for the several times a year I would actually get to shoot, 6 or so. I paid the priveledge of $150.. darn steep actually. Well, now they get $0.00 from me. What idiots. Oh and by the way.... single load rules truly do suck on the rifle range. Unless you are one of the guys in charge of course. The range hours suck for access and blah blah blah.......

I will get back to you when I find out more about decent ranges in these parts.

Dram in SE MI
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, i know what u mean about DSC, i think those guys just pay for a place to drink.  i heard northern ohio has a shitload of outdoor ranges, most of which would probably be less than an hour away from the area, but i don't know about transporting firearms and shooting if you're a non-resident.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm @ work right now, lumpy223, i'll hit your e-mail when i get home, or if u can e-mail me some basic directions to that area.
thanx a million.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
outstanding! i will have to do that. i'll e-mail you when i get home about 12 or so.  i live in Monroe, so the trip shouldn't be a problem. i had a blast at Perry this summer. Commercial row is like valhalla for shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top