Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 2:45:30 PM EDT
I'd just like to know what you guys think out there what military branch has the best M.P.'s and best training for them?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I should have also placed in. And WHY?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Oneshot--MSG (embassy) and MSF (watching nukes on a boat) are both open to all MOSes.

That being said, Marine MPs are well trained and given good equipment and support.

The very best? National Guard MPs on active duty.
With calls of "Po-leece" and "gimmie your shit now" and "shut up, you penis kissing tramp" (to men, of course) and "you ain't got no mark, bitch" (to a wife on the self slap face and call the MPs post deployment divorce plan), and taking a quick snort on duty, and showing up hung over every shift for a week, and getting off a mid shift at 7 am and cracking the first of many beers at 7:10, and blasting past gatherings of diverse soldiers, who enjoyed blasting NWA fuck the police when they saw you, and pumping easy e or ghetto boys through the PA, that is just the way to police.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna have to vote for USMC MPs, since I was one for 4 years.  The training we received was the same as the Army (since we went to Army MP school) with the exception of a few areas of instruction (paperwork, PR-24, etc.).  And we did not have "good equipment." But being Marines, we were used to having limited resources but using them to their fullest extent.  The MPs that typically gave us a bad name were the FAP Marines that were sent to work with us for 6 months.  They'd send these grunts, motor-t drivers, comm operators, etc, to pre-service training for 2 weeks and expect them to be cops.  Just didn't work very well.

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know, in the army they like to wear cheap copies of uncle mikes duty gear made by FPI, buy one PBT for an entire shift, leave all the station cameras broken for months, and issue some wood 1920s club and expect that to work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Army MP!

as to duty gear......

I believe I had the first ebonite night stick in Germany(had to saw the "jaw breaker" off it tho)
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
USAF!

When I was in, we trained the USMC's MPs and EVERYBODY'S K-9 handlers.

USAF Security Police K-9: "When the tailgate drops, the bullshit stops!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Navy does not have [b]MP[/b]'s

So I guess we're the best. They had to give us our own special designation [b]SP[/b]'s Shore Patrols.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Never have been exposed to Marine MP's, so my vote will go for AF.  I have been in the Army (active and now NG) for almost 12 years and I have not seen a single Army MP (yet) that has impressed me.

I have known a bunch of AF SP's and they seemed to always be very squared away.  Good equipment and professional.  It seemed to me that the AF would actually let the SP's do their jobs.  The Army on the other hand, no batons.  If any then the old wooden truchens.  No OC.  The Army seemed to put restraints on the MP's and would not allow them to their jobs.  Shoot, MP's in the 82nd Airborne Division, were not allowed to carry ammo in their Berettas.  They had to carry an empty mag in the M9's!  One loaded mag on their duty belt!  Now what the hell is that!!!!!???????  Absolutely no concerns for officer safety.  I wonder if that has changed, since that E-6 opened up on a formation with a rifle back in the mid 90's??

Seen too many NG MP's that were absolutly laughing stock of any police organization.  I guess it would help, if they did this more regularily.  49th AD in Texas, I'm sorry but the ones I have been exposed to.............
well, I will withhold my opinons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top