Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/1/2009 11:25:57 PM EDT
........but this one looks like sex on wheels.

and sounds like it too. Just skip the intro.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/GT_Sport%20Cars/458-Italia/Pages/458-Italia.aspx
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad, but if I'm going to actually drive it, I'd rather have a classic Porsche, and spend the left over money on hookers'n'blow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Very attractive car.

However, this costs 1/5 as much and is faster both around corners and in a straight line.

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
lol

Quoted:

Very attractive car.

However, this costs 1/5 as much and is faster both around corners and in a straight line.

http://www.carblog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corvette-zr1-detroit.jpg

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking car. Love to see it in black or silver though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not bad, but if I'm going to actually drive it, I'd rather have a classic Porsche, and spend the left over money on hookers'n'blow.

Or do what I would, spend the money on a truck and a motorcycle then spend whats left on gas, guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not into sporty cars...

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or do what I would, spend the money on a truck and a motorcycle then spend whats left on gas, guns and ammo.

After buying a truck, motorcycle, and as much gas, guns, and ammo as you can fit in your place, you'll still have probably have over half the Italia's pricetag left in cash at least.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

Vette Looks better too.(yea, i said it.)

"
Or do what I would, spend the money on a truck and a motorcycle then spend whats left on gas, guns and ammo."

Me too. Except i like wagons. M5 touring.

Im thinking the vette is beat on the top end, but that doesnt matter to me since i only go 5 or 10 over if im feeling frisky. No need to go to jail for speeding. and i cant get over 150MPH on a track so even then the vette is nicer for me on a track.
but dam i hate chevy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

You have a legitimate source to back that up?

Seems unlikely with the Ferrari being a new model.
The Vette is SERIOUSLY lacking in style, almost a "Jellybean" car.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

It's still just a Corvette.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#11]

I'll take that in a New York second over a Ferrari.

I drove a Vette once, the top of the windshield came to my eyebrows.
If it hadn't of been a T-top, I never would have fit in it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Plus, it comes with a 'Death Row' record contract.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

As far as straight lines, both of them will do 0-60 in 3.4. Italia tops out at 202 mph, ZR1 at 205. No published times for the Italia for 0-100 or the quarter mile, but the ZR1 does 7 seconds and 11.3 at 131.

As for turning performance, the ZR1 shredded both the Enzo and the Zonda F around the Nurburgring, which is nothing short of amazing. Italia's nice, but it's not gonna do that.

And, finally a ZR1 is $105K, the Italia is $520K.

Yes, the 458 Italia is very attractive and it's a Ferrari, but a hood ornament's not worth an extra $400,000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Everybody and there mom owns a Corvette, do you know anyone who owns a Ferrari? No? A Corvette?
My next door neighbor has a corvette and then there is the one three doors down and then there is the one at the end of the street ect, ect.
Besides if they where buying a drivers car the would just get a GT2 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#15]
The Italia is sweet looking for sure, but my dream car is still a Turbo 911
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Italia is sweet looking for sure, but my dream car is still a Turbo 911

I like your style.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Plus, it comes with a 'Death Row' record contract.

Quoted:

I can't decide if I want to be "Big Whitey" or "The Notorious C.A.U.C.A.S.I.A.N".
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Everybody and there mom owns a Corvette, do you know anyone who owns a Ferrari? No? A Corvette?
My next door neighbor has a corvette and then there is the one three doors down and then there is the one at the end of the street ect, ect.
Besides if they where buying a drivers car the would just get a GT2 and be done with it.

I understand your line of reasoning, but if I was gonna buy a car with that train of thought, I'd get a Ford GT and take it to Hennessey. Sub 3-second, 230 mph... oh my yes.

And it's a shitload sexier than both the Italia and the Corvette.

And definitely sexier than that uuuugly GT2.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your line of reasoning, but if I was gonna buy a car with that train of thought, I'd get a Ford GT and take it to Hennessey. Sub 3-second, 230 mph... oh my yes.

Except Hennessey it a lying, thieving bastard and you may never see your GT again and if you do there is a greater then 50% he didn't do anything but sell parts off of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll still take this instead

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except Hennessey it a lying, thieving bastard and you may never see your GT again and if you do there is a greater then 50% he didn't do anything but sell parts off of it.

After some Googling, jeebus. I take back that part of the statement. Why the hell do magazines keep giving that guy coverage?
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nah, with a Rolls Royce, you measure out the back seat, because if you have a Rolls, you probably hire someone to drive you everywhere and keep track of the (expensive and frequent) maintenance
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#24]

That's one hard decision I'd love to have to make.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:06:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The Ferrari is not subsidized by my tax dollars.

Ferrari wins.

GM is a defunct company as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#26]

For me, nothing will ever beat the look of the 308 GTS.

And they're actually affordable these days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Skip the intro? I just listened to that like 7 times in a row. Wow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:10:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not a car guy, but I was at an outdoor cafe in SF recently, and someone parked a Ferrari in front. It's amazing the amount of attention one car will draw. People stopping, taking pics, doing double-takes (even from buses)....

The license was something in Arabic, so I'm wondering if he was the son of a diplomat.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Very attractive car.
And you have a reasonable chance of getting it wrenched on within 20 miles of your house, unlike a Ferrarri.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#31]
If you're gonna get a Ferrari, do it right.

1962 250GTO

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

1962 250GTO

http://www.calconnect.com/weekly_photo/1962_Ferrari_GTO_HR.jpg

awesome and i could wear a white racing suit and have a fucking chimp in the passenger seat with me

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Or this: 1958 250 Testarossa.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When I bought a Vette a million years ago, I had to get the 63 way adjustable seat to get my ass low enough to see under the crossbar.  

That is the sexiest Ferrari to come around in quite some time, IMHO.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not if you want to drive it.

I think old Ferraris cost slightly more than a corporate jet to keep running.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:03:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very attractive car.
And you have a reasonable chance of getting it wrenched on within 20 miles of your house, unlike a Ferrarri.

Kharn

Yeah, see, THIS is a big thing.

Everything electronic and everything mechanical breaks. 100% of it. Family have a thing for expensive Euro cars, and I would not like to follow their experiences with trying to get that shit repaired. Even if you have infinite money for the expensive parts, the task of finding someone at all to do the work is a pain in the ass, and finding someone who can AND is good, is fucking terrible.

Quoted:
Quoted:

When I bought a Vette a million years ago, I had to get the 63 way adjustable seat to get my ass low enough to see under the crossbar.  

Try one of the new ones. My 6'3" dad fit in one just fine when we took a couple of them around the track.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow, here are the corvette trolls out in a Ferrari thread too.
I thought they only came out in Mustang threads.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Very nice.

The 'sounds' tab on the website reminds me of the Lambo I saw a few weeks ago.

I have been up close and personal with F1 cars, and this was no F1 car. But the sound that came out of that Lamborghini was as close as
you will ever hear on the street to a F1 motor.

I don't know if it was just Tubi's, some engine work, or what. But the sound that came out the back of that car was ......... well, if you didn't get wood you need to see a doctor.

ETA: Holy shit. Go through the photos of that Ferrari and look at the size of those brake discs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:15:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Everything electronic and everything mechanical breaks. 100% of it. Family have a thing for expensive Euro cars, and I would not like to follow their experiences with trying to get that shit repaired. Even if you have infinite money for the expensive parts, the task of finding someone at all to do the work is a pain in the ass, and finding someone who can AND is good, is fucking terrible.
I know a guy that lives near Huntsville, whenever his Maseratti needs to be repaired he will make an appointment in Atlanta at the dealer and use hotel rewards points for two nights at a local swanky hotel.  He and his wife will drive there on Friday, car gets wrenched on during the day on Saturday, he picks it up late Saturday afternoon and they drive home Sunday. Luckily he's never had to have it towed there.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

As far as straight lines, both of them will do 0-60 in 3.4. Italia tops out at 202 mph, ZR1 at 205. No published times for the Italia for 0-100 or the quarter mile, but the ZR1 does 7 seconds and 11.3 at 131.

As for turning performance, the ZR1 shredded both the Enzo and the Zonda F around the Nurburgring, which is nothing short of amazing. Italia's nice, but it's not gonna do that.

And, finally a ZR1 is $105K, the Italia is $520K.

Yes, the 458 Italia is very attractive and it's a Ferrari, but a hood ornament's not worth an extra $400,000.

520k???...The F430 (which the Italia replaces) was only $200K.... Link Please

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

1962 250GTO

http://www.calconnect.com/weekly_photo/1962_Ferrari_GTO_HR.jpg

Hell yes. After from the 250 GTO, I think this new 458 Italia is the second best looking Ferrari of all time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#44]
This car was featured in Road and Track many years ago, and I've always thought it was sex on wheels.

Jaguar E-Type Lightweight, low-drag version.  From what I read, the original lightweights were roadsters with roofs bolted on, but they had aerodynamic problems.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#45]

How about the Ferrari 288GTO based on the 308 that came out in 1984?  Thats my favorite of all time, next is possibly the current Z06 Vette.

What model Aston is that in the pic way above?, I love those to.

Wow, I am saving a couple of those Jag pics, thats pretty hot as well.

God dam I wish I had more money, I love cars.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, here are the corvette trolls out in a Ferrari thread too.

I thought they only came out in Mustang threads.

Well there are a lot of 50+ bald fat guys trying to relive their youth on this site.  What do you expect?

This thread needs moar Ferrari pix.

And here's one for the midlife crisis'ers here.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Saw the new Ferrari California the other day drive by (black).....not bad not great.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How about the Ferrari 288GTO based on the 308 that came out in 1984?  Thats my favorite of all time, next is possibly the current Z06 Vette.

What model Aston is that in the pic way above?, I love those to.

Wow, I am saving a couple of those Jag pics, thats pretty hot as well.

God dam I wish I had more money, I love cars.

I definitely see the family resemblance... thanks for the tip.

Off to Ebay Motors
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn, the things I would do to that exhaust pipe...
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:35:04 AM EDT
[#50]
pure sex.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top