Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 1:07:45 PM EDT
I have a birthday coming soon and have been asked what I would like.  I want a very durable, bright, rechargable and small flashlight. I have had a few ($70.00) but have found them expensive to use.  Lithium batteries I do not like.  What's out there?  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you added the rechargeable qualification have you considered the Streamlight PolyStinger?  Take a look at [url]www.galls.com[/url] and check out their selection
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
heheheh, here is my favorite flashlight, comes with some [b]cool[/b] accessories  [:)]

[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000024224/1000024224_124200293604PM0.2240521.jpg[/img]

seriously, I've been wanting to get a streamlight for sometimes, my AA(2) battery Maglight has failed me more times than it did me good. [:(]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a web site called "bright guy" with hundreds of different lights in most of the brands I've heard of I think it might be BrightGuy.com but I'm not sure.  They have a search engine you can put your requirements into and it will pop up with a list of all those which meet your criteria.  Also, make sure you check out the SUREFIRE 8NX ($97 at www.shomer-tec.com).
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the Streamlight Stinger. I have three of them now, an old one (standard), an issued one (standard), and an XT (tail cap switch, much like the Sure Fires). I have replaced the rechargeable battery on my old one twice now in about six years at about $25 each battery. I like them better than the Sure Fires because 1.) you don't have to buy lithium batteries all the time, 2.) you just put the whole flashlight in the cradle charger and leave it there until you use it (the literature says it cannot overcharge). They are very bright too.

The XT will cost you a few dollars more, but that's my favorite....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top