Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2001 3:17:03 PM EDT
After two months of being stuck at home (due to my recent back surgery) I finally made it out to the local range here in Northern California. I only lasted about an hour and a half before my back started acting up.
[heavy]
But that's not what this topic is about.  I want to tell you about the great new rifle the range bought....an AR50 50BMG!! [b]Price $2800, but that isn't the best part, they are also renting it out!![/b]  Rental price is a little high at $20 for three rounds, but it would be a d@mn blast to try out.  I can't wait till my back is fully heal, because when it is I am going to give that big 50BMG a ride...YeaHaw!!!

[heavy]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
112 GHTH
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw this BIG rifle at a gun shop in Detroit while waiting for some guns to get 'Magna-ported'. The AR50 .50BMG  This is one nice looking rifle.  HEAVY!!  $2700.00   I need to make more $$$$$  I wanted to look at it longer but the guys there were a couple of pricks and acted like it was a pain in the a$$ to talk with us and treated us like we were a bother.  Big Bear Gun Shop.  Should be Big Bastard Gun Shop.  Sorry rant mode off.  But anyway that is one sweet rifle!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
are you sure that wasn't $1800 or did that include scope and mount?
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure on the price, and that is with out scope.  I don't think they really want to sell it..LOL.  Alot of the workers at this range display there personnal weapons and make them available for rent. Here's a pic
[img]http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/new50.jpg[/img]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm drooling all over myself here!  If only I could hit the Lotto.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It is the prize in the May guns magazine raffle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Yo stgar15-----I'm in your neck of the woods. You can shoot my M82A1 for free, just give a holler when the back's ready. There's usually a Maddi and a LAR hanging around also you could test ride.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had my grimey fingers all over an AR50 down at the local shop.  Those guys are more than willing to haul it out and let me strain my back holding it.

I like to call the muzzle brake a "mousey duplex" because when you aren't shooting the rifle you could rent out the massive muzzle brake to a family of field mice so that they could use it as an apparment.

The gun is massive and according to Armalite it is sold WITH Asprin to cure those headaches that the massive "noise maker" is likely to cause.

I'd rather shoot the thing with the muzzle brake though, without it the recoil generated is likley to be enough that it would break your collar bone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 3:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
No doubt the AR50 is very nice looking., but there is always a but, take a look at this site, I don't know the guy who makes these but  this thing makes me want to  auction off one my kids.    http://www.shooterready.com/fifty.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top