Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 4:08:20 AM EDT
[b]No Charges In Bait-Shop Robbery Case

Suspect Killed By Store Owner After Brandising Weapon[/b]

From the article....

[i]ANDERSON, S.C. -- No charges will be filed in Tuesday's fatal shooting of an apparent robber by the man whose store he was holding up.

Deputies said that Leroy Long, owner of Long's Fishing Center on Highway 24 near Lake Hartwell, acted in self defense when he shot the man.

According to witnesses, the man came into the shop with another man and asked for directions to Table Rock.

Anne Long, who owns the shop with her husband, Leroy, said that the apparent robber began backing her husband into a corner, waving what looked like a knife.

"It looked like a knife blade, and he was just swinging it. He just kept backing (Leroy Long) up until he backed him into the back room," Anne Long told WYFF News 4's Terrie Foster. "Leroy grabbed the gun and kept trying to push him away and he wouldn't go away."

Leroy Long then opened fire with two guns, hitting the men. The man died just after 9 a.m.[/i]

I say "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

Link:

[url]www.thecarolinachannel.com/gs/news/andersonnewsroom/stories/andersonnewsroom-122094020020205-080208.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The decline of incidences like this is what has allowed the proliferation of crime.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite is when the papers report such things as "..a robbery gone wrong.."

Think about it, this is a robbery gone right.  Bad guy tries to rob good guy.  Bad tries to harm good guy.  Good guy eliminates bad guy from gene pool.  Result - less bad guys.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
And one more thing, less repeat offenders too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Up here, [b]IF[/b] such a story were to make it into the Milwaukee Urinal, the headline would read:

[SIZE=4]BAIT STORE CUSTOMER'S FAMILY SEES THE FACE OF GUN VIOLENCE UP CLOSE[/SIZE=4]

And the "no charges will be filed" part would be in the very last sentence of the article.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top