Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 9:55:45 PM EDT
I know that these fellas don't cater to everyone's taste here, so those who don't like them please ignore the rest of this post.

For any fans out there, especially old fans, I suggest that you spend the $30 and go see the band.  The sound was of course loud, but I'm an old man and like when shooting I wear plugs.  The sound engineering quality was better than I ever heard and it was a sold out crowd.  Just wanted to say that I had fun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Slayer.Went to a show back in '99,
they were flawless.Great performance.Got to meet Tom after the show,he answered all my questions and was very cool to the fans.Hope they come back to Memphis
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Slayer still rocks.

I saw them in early December in Portland.  Band is impressive and Tom Araya soaked all the fan energy in with a smile.  They put on a great show.  They're playing again in Eugene, but I am going to the Gwar show instead.  That ought to be a hoot.  

Was that crappy American Head Charge opening up.  I have to say that while I have respect for musicians in general, AHC totally stank.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya Beevis this was really cool hhehehehehehehehehe
Almost as cool as actually being in Hell and listen to the real thing eh?
Ya hehehehehehe
satan really rocks...hehehehehehe
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that these fellas don't cater to everyone's taste here, so those who don't like them please ignore the rest of this post.
View Quote

For 9divdoc - who can't f*cking read:

[url]www.jesusone.com/dailyhymn/kumbayah.htm[/url]

9divdoc - Slayer sings about things that aren't pretty or pleasant - war, violence, rape, genocide, drugs, ect.  They don't "support" the stuff.  Supposed to make you think.

Kind of like a lib saying you support "death" since you own an "assault rifle".  Judging without being informed.

Slayer's music IS dark - that's one of the many reasons I like it.

Tate
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow 9DivDoc,

Generally I like your posts, but does this mean you're prejudice without experience is going to carry over to gun owners?  Are we all uncouth, litterbugs who swill beer in between shots?  You know gunowners are not necessarily like that.  

I have liked Slayer since I was 16.  In the next ensuing 14 years, this appreciation has not led me to Satinism, lawlessness.  Hell, I am such a wuss that I have never been remotely drunk.  

Why stereotype others.  You're diminishing your cause.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Reign in Blood. The fist album I purchased, and the worm started to turn for me...Soon It was Show No Mercy, South of Heaven, Hell Awaits and Seasons. When they were on Tour with Divine Intervention(95) I went. One of my friends got his gut stomped in, but I loved it. Slayer is banned from I believe from 3 venues in NY due to past incidents of the Crowd being to crazy. Hell of a show though, Two and half hours of the best music available.Was so good had to see them again when the "Undisputed Attitude"came out(97?). [}:D]

JerrY
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
saw em twice last year...first was with Pantera.  awesome show, except scrape and static x also played..they sucked.  saw em a 2nd time in minneapolis at First Ave venue..really really small place- awesome!!! i got pretty close to the front and found a ledge to sit on.  saw em a couple years ago with Meshuggah, another awesome show.  my only complaint is they don't play anything off divine intervention except 'dittohead'.  the new cd is great too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
"God hates us all"
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I went to Hell, but the music there was not very good.....JK

The fellas in the band wrote a song about the terrorist attacks on the U.S.  Trust me it would have made anyone here proud.  It is called "Payback is a Bi*ch MF"  Of course that is not the real spelling, but you get the picture.  I remember that the band was very supportive during the Gulf War and was happy to hear that our troops were listening to Slayer over there.  The shirts for sale at the show had the American flag and statement about blood being drawn here first but it will end there.  Different music, but the same mentality as Alan Jackson with his music on the terrorist attacks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top