Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2001 2:08:57 PM EDT
[URL]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=1955[/URL]

Maryland is profiling Black Gun Owners

by Kenneth Blanchard
                                                            Author, Black Man with a Gun
                                                         http://www.BlackManWithAGun.net
                                                Reprinted with Permission from March 10, 2001 update on above site.

"Maryland is profiling African American gun owners. Using Maryland state police and surrounding
                                        departments, they are illegally stopping African American men who leave ranges, gun shows and
                                        gun stores. They have contacted some stores and strongly “suggested” that these places “alert”
                                        them when you make a purchase. I have personally listened to three accounts from victims of
                                        this abuse since January. These brothers were watched and followed by undercover Maryland
                                        State Police and then pulled over by whatever local department you ended up at."

Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
another case of harrasment because they know where the guns are. there was a recent(still ongoing) case of profiling in a suburb of buffalo, where residents are taking action to make state officials get involved and monitor local leo activity. personaly, i cannot understand why this type of thing gets started. it`s like a disease or something. the departments that get into profiling certainly have better things to do, or sure as hell better find some. i believe, as i see more and more every day in gov`t work, strong politics, and piss poor management!!!...B&G
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, Maryland profiles all gun owners leaving ranges in Montgomery County.

The Maryland State Police do have a standing policy of holding up the "NOT DISAPPROVED" approval of pistol purchases originating in black areas.  Standard practice.

On a side note, the author Ken Blanchard is speaking at our next Maryland Citizens Defense League meeting.  See [url]www.mcdl.org[/url] for details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top