Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 1:33:34 PM EDT
I have reservation's at Barry's Ice House. Who else is staying their?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
We have not made our choice yet,
Still working on it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Am planning on camping, but I need a shower at the very least.  No way am I gonna camp out for three days and spend my daylight hours wandering around a bunch of people smelling like Hogans Goat.  Looking at a campsight up the road.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Camping there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a room at the lodge. I do not know if it is allowed or not, but if so a couple of needey campers could use the shower in my room? Just bring your own towels and buy me a beer. Of course if any females want to use it I may pay them if they let me watch - ya right like I would get by with that!!

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, now that BeauBeaux has a room looks like I am set[:D] !!!!!!!

Honestly Ed...I only snore a little!

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My daughter & I are staying in the Mallard room at the lodge. If any of you guys have a room next to IAJack, sounds like you might want to be on the lookout for peep holes in the bathroom. [}:D][}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
X--Kill, glad to hear you are gonna make the trip, don't know about that snoring thing.

The main reason I went with Barry's Ice House is they are a sponsor of the event.

I'm really looking forward to this. [smoke]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a room at the lodge. I do not know if it is allowed or not, but if so a couple of needey campers could use the shower in my room? Just bring your own towels and buy me a beer.
View Quote

Not allowed...  The lodge guests will be the only attendees allowed inside, except during the scheduled lodge tours.

Attendees will be easily identified via colored wristbands, and lodge guests will have their own color!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there a Holiday Inn or any other national chain out there?

I would rather stay someplace I know.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a room at the lodge. I do not know if it is allowed or not, but if so a couple of needey campers could use the shower in my room? Just bring your own towels and buy me a beer. Of course if any females want to use it I may pay them if they let me watch - ya right like I would get by with that!!

Later

IAJack
View Quote

The lodge owners don't want a lot of extra traffic through it other than tours for people interested in future stays.

There is a lake on the lower site & we may be able to rig up some tree showers.  We will also list local campgrounds where a person might pay a small fee to use facilities.

This is a fairly rural area so national chains aren't there because traffic isn't there.

The largest state park in IL is about 30 miles south & it has many private cabins for rent but they go fast.  Might check there
[url]dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/PARKS/R4/PRM/PEREMARQ.HTM[/url]

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Found some private lodges nearby will get details.

email me if you are interested so I can put you on list.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess we Canadians will not have to worry about going now!!

Damn ATF!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I too, am at the Ice House....love the idea of a resident lounge...heh,heh...

[8D]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess we Canadians will not have to worry about going now!!

Damn ATF!
View Quote

Enlighten us in case we can help.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#17]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=94786[/url]

I guess we could go.. We just would not be able to touch the guns or the Ammo!!!

You just have to love it....a stupid law passed by Clinton in 1998 gets us in 2002 under Bush!!!

The IRONY!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top