Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 6:29:09 AM EDT
We're coming up on our last chance to repeal the restaurant ban.  Following is a note sent out by VCDL:

Delegate Reese, a Republican from Fairfax, is saying he won't vote for the restaurant ban repeal.  He claims that he is getting lots of e-mail complaining about the repeal and lots of restaurant owners "bitterly complaining" about the repeal!

WE NEED TO MAKE DELEGATE REESE HEAR WHAT THE MASSES WANT AND NOT THE RESTAURANT LOBBY AND A FEW ANTI-GUN EXTREMISTS.

LET'S LET MR. REESE SEE OUR NUMBERS.  Those of you in Fairfax, this is especially important for you to contact him:

Delegate Gary A. Reese, Republican, 67th District, Oak Hill,. VA

E-mail address:
[email][email protected][/email]

Phone:  804-698-1067
Fax: 804-786-6310

Here is a sample e-mail / talking points:

Dear Delegate Reese,

Support HB 952.  Delegate Lee Ware's bill allows concealed carry permit holders to bring their protection into restaurants AS LONG AS THEY DON'T DRINK.  Considering that concealed carry permit holders are the most law abiding citizens in Virginia,this is a safe bet.  If a particular restaurant does not want permit holders inside, all they need do under Virginia law is to post a sign saying so.  So this in no way infringes on restaurants and it actually takes away the Restaurant Associations only gripe - that guns and alcohol don't mix. Let me know how you are going to vote.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

View Quote

Also, see below for more info on how you can help.  We're running out of time!!!  I think they're going to vote on Friday.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=88919[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=90682[/url]

Thanks,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Done!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
WJLA (ABC in DC) talked about this Monday morning.  It was about 5:40am and they said upcomming.   I left before they 'discussed' it, but I'm sure they got a lot of people in a huff about this.

I'll fire off a email right now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Try and pass the word...we have a better chance tis year, but we still need more voices.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Also done!  

Thanks for the heads up Chimborazo!
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
No problem...I wish I had an e-mail list for all VA members.  It would make this a lot easier.  Then again, if you get on the [url=http://www.vcdl.org/va-alert.html]VCDL VA-ALERT[/url] mailing list, you'd get all these reports.  I encourage you all to join, but you don't have to be a member to get on the mailing list.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Alright, here's the info from VCDL about showing up tomorrow at the General Assembly building.  Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend:

Guys and Gals,

Friday is coming up quickly and WE NEED A SHOW OF NUMBERS.  This is a fight to the finish, and the Restaurant Association is a formidable enemy.  If you cannot make it, you must at least have contacted your Delegate by now.  Make a phone call, even if you have sent an e-mail previously.  We cannot leave any stones unturned if we want to win this.  It is truly going to take an major show of support, but it can be done and if anybody can do it, we can!  Weather looks OK at this time, too.

For those of you who are coming,  here are the directions:

The General Assembly building is at the southeast corner of 9th and Broad streets in Richmond. It is an 8 or 9 story structure. You go in through the right-most door on the south side of the building (doors facing the Capitol building). There is a metal detector there. Put
your briefcases and purses through the detector and, if carrying concealed, show your permit to the officer who is standing by the metal detector before going through.  NOW would be a GOOD time to look at your permit to make sure that it is NOT EXPIRED!  Upon going in, turn right and go straight back. House Room C will be on your right. Be on the lookout for people wearing the bright orange "Guns Save Lives" tags standing outside House Room C's doors.  We will be handing these out so that the committee can easily see and distinguish VCDL members.

It would also be a great time to talk to your Delegate and Senator, or at least their aid.  Senators and Delegates are all in the same
building as the hearing.  If you have never been in the building or have any questions on how to proceed, let me, Jim Snyder, Jim Kadison, or other members know after the hearing and we will be glad to point you in the right direction.

I look forward to seeing you there on Friday at 9 AM.  If you can, get there a little early to allow time for security.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).  VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the civil rights of all Virginians.  The membership considers the right to keep and bear arms an essential human right.

VCDL web page:  [url]http://www.vcdl.org[/url]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top