Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2002 9:26:37 PM EDT
So, which one was your favorite?

My vote has GOT to be Budweiser's, "Respect."

The Clydesdales are hitched up to the Budweiser Wagon, and leave the stable area... the horses start heading northeast.  They travel... and travel.. and travel.. to Liberty Park, in Jersey City, NJ.  Visible are lower Manhattan, and the Statue of Liberty.  The horses look at each other (I've often wondered how long they have to hold a camera on them to get such emotive shots) and then all eight bow to the ruins of the WTC.

That's class.

[url]http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/budweiser/bud/superbowl2002/res/100_respect.asx[/url]
[url]http://boss.streamos.com/real/budweiser/bud/superbowl2002/res/100_respect.smi[/url]

(Edited to add RealPlayer link)
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Hank Aaron/Barry Bonds Retirement
2. Battlebots Bud Lite
3. Uh, don't remember any others.

I believe www.ifilm.com has all the commercials (back in the "good ole' days it'd be www.adcritic.com).
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like Britney Spears beat 'em all:
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20020204/tc/tivo_super_bowl.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they all sucked. This was the worst year for superbowl commercials that I can ever remember. Why would you spend $100 to make a commercial then $2M to air it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=6]!!!!Britney!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1. Hank Aaron/Barry Bonds Retirement
2. Battlebots Bud Lite
3. Uh, don't remember any others.

I gotta agree with pdx on this one...now..if Britney had shown her tits...HEY...what am I thinking...this is a family event
                                  [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Budweiser ..... Sometime's you have to rise above all the hype, Budweiser did that. I'm not a drinker, but too Budweiser, I salute you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the best commerical was the anti-drug spot where the kids were saying that smoking pot doesn't hurt anyone and the announcer was talking about the columbian police officers killed, the years of fighting and thousands of people killed over your harmless habit.

The last line was the best...something along the line of "if you ever used drugs you helped finance terrorism."

...the room was silent after that one for awhile

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The "Clydesdales" got to have number one - solid.

The worst had to be the "Levi" jeans - solid.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought the best commerical was the anti-drug spot where the kids were saying that smoking pot doesn't hurt anyone and the announcer was talking about the columbian police officers killed, the years of fighting and thousands of people killed over your harmless habit.

The last line was the best...something along the line of "if you ever used drugs you helped finance terrorism."

Both your points and the points in the commercial were effective.

However, this was also a fine endorsement for smoking good old American home-grown weed - if you're gonna smoke !!
[:D]

(I apologize, I tried to resist but.........)
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from 5subslr5 -
However, this was also a fine endorsement for smoking good old American home-grown weed - if you're gonna smoke !!
View Quote

Hmmm, what sort of wacky weed grows well in Oklahoma?

What do y'all call it? Okie-tokie?[:D]

Eric The(I'veGotTexasInMyHeartAndOklahomaInMyLungs!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What do y'all call it? Okie-tokie?[:D]

Eric The(I'veGotTexasInMyHeartAndOklahomaInMyLungs!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

"OKIE TOKIE" - A fine product grown in the United States.

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I thought this was good too.
O'Reilly was talking about this last night with some moron.  He made some good points about it.

I have to say that I liked the Bud Lite commercial with the Eagle too.  That was pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

What I got out of that commercial was that the war on drugs has spawned more havoc than it has quelled.

When drugs are outlawed, only outlaws will have drugs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
The horses look at each other (I've often wondered how long they have to hold a camera on them to get such emotive shots) and then all eight bow to the ruins of the WTC.
View Quote
yeah that computer-generated stuff is amazing.  Too maudlin, it didn't make me think more about Sept. 11 and it didn't make me wanna buy any of that piss they pass off as beer either.

I did like the battlebots though.  And the chimp in the big production number was pretty lame too, until the end of the commercial.  I don't even remember the product though . . .
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#15]
lol i didnt think of the only using home grown stuff in that commercial heh got to remember that one
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you have ever bought gasoline or any petroleum product, you have mostlikely financed terrorism.  Beside opium was Afghanistan's cash crop not pot.  A drug is a drug, no matter if the government makes it legal or not.  More importantly, there is no difference in drug abuse, whether being legal drugs (i.e. alcohol, valium) versus illicit drugs.

Patrick  
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Funniest:  The Budweiser commercial about the wife with the satin sheets, and the husband slides across them and out the window.  Hilarious!

Best:  The Clydesdales.

Worst:  Britney Spears.  Besides being in the most pointless of commericials, by Pepsi, she proved yet again that she has NO talent.  Britney Spears is one of the WORST SINGERS I have ever heard.

[b]Most annoying:[/b]  Those stupid God damn anti-smoking announcments.  They don't realize that smoking is LEGAL.  That cigarettes are LEGAL, and that the cigarette industry is in a LEGAL business.  They go too damn far.  Just as bad as the anti-drug commercials trying to make a link to terrorism.  I hate public service ads.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Funniest:  The Budweiser commercial about the wife with the satin sheets, and the husband slides across them and out the window.  Hilarious!

Best:  The Clydesdales.

Worst:  Britney Spears.  Besides being in the most pointless of commericials, by Pepsi, she proved yet again that she has NO talent.  Britney Spears is one of the WORST SINGERS I have ever heard.

[b]Most annoying:[/b]  Those stupid God damn anti-smoking announcments.  They don't realize that smoking is LEGAL.  That cigarettes are LEGAL, and that the cigarette industry is in a LEGAL business.  They go too damn far.  Just as bad as the anti-drug commercials trying to make a link to terrorism.  I hate public service ads.
View Quote

You and I think alike Stubbs. I would though, rank the Budweiser eagle and the bra commercial up there with the red satin sheets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top