Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2002 8:41:30 PM EDT
Just heard on the news that our Gov. will veto anything that comes across his desk allowing CCW in Missouri.......CRAP! (I would really like to cuss more but won't)

This really makes me mad...I am LEO and I can carry now..but what about my wife?  She can't...and when I leave Law Enforcement...I can't then!

Anyone else have more info on this?

Thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep my eye on MO politics concerning this, I'd really like to see it pass but it does'nt look like it's going to happen anytime soon.  I'm in MO almost everyday and have to ditch the iron when I cross the stateline, would be nice to have reciprocity with you guys up there.  However it looks like the liberal freaks in St. Louis, Kansas City and Columbia would rather see everyone disarmed and defenseless.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to remember who is gov. in Missery.
Air fatality Carnahans old lady, by default.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
However it looks like the liberal freaks in St. Louis, Kansas City and Columbia would rather see everyone disarmed and defenseless.
View Quote

That sums up the whole fight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, our Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura says he will sign the bill if passed.

They are going to give it a try again after it was passed in the House but defeated in the Senate by 2 votes last year.  The Democrats still control he Senate, but some think they might have a chance.  They have done this very professionally and have mounted a vigorous effort for this session.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Aaarrrgh!!

Damn!

Bad news for sure..... I just got done reading about how a CCW holder on this board used his to deter some thugs and was wondering if MO would ever allow us peons to defend ourselves.

Shawn
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just heard on the news that our Gov. will veto anything that comes across his desk allowing CCW in Missouri
View Quote

Son of a... [:(!]

Well, like CIB said... it's pretty much the St. Louis and Kansas City crowd that dictate the rest of us.  It's partially a problem of education.  Many of the urbanites and suburbanites have never even held a gun, or seen one up close.

A student up here from Chicago saw my box of .45 hollowpoints for my LEGP 1911 (picking it up Wednesday!!), and mentioned something about cop-killer bullets.  I tried to explain it to him, but there's so many in the city who only hear from the liberal media.

So it doesn't much matter what the Gov. will do if we can't even get the people of Missouri to pass the CCW.  If the counties that would have passed it (basically everywhere but the big cities) could have some sort of a CCW program, that would be great... but local government can't pass any gun law (pretty much).  You would also end up being barred from carrying where it is most needed (KC, STL).

*sigh*

Viper Out

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top