Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 7:24:52 PM EDT
but it won't be my last. Tonights topic was about teaching the tolerance of homosexual behavior in schools. He was against it, but his guest, a liberal civil rights attorney, was for it. He really put her in her place, but in a professional way. Very sharp man.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They won't even let him into many debates, he makes everyone look silly and ignorant.  VERY sharp mind, I'd have him represent me any time.  And did you notice his permanent smile?  Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I love it when he rips white folks a new one for praising him as "articulate".
He rightfully labels the compliment racist.

When was the last time you heard someone praise a white person, let alone a white former ambassador for being "articulate".

Makes me laugh, watching them squirm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy is an unbelievable speaker. I've seen him (on TV) speak a few times and he is never dry or boring like 99% of the politicians out there.
He's a man who truly believes in what he is saying, and it comes through in his speeches.
Hope I get a chance to see him in person one day.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When was the last time you heard someone praise a white person, let alone a white former ambassador for being "articulate".

View Quote

I wish he were president- the US has become such a wishy-washy relativistic morass of half-hearted beliefs and position papers, it's refreshing to hear somebody in politics who is morally clear and self-confident about his beliefs, takes real stands, and calls them how he sees them. No BS here- thank God. I deal with it enough in my daily life.

All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled
them, have broken the laws of the land.
- --WILLIAM KINGDON CLIFFORD
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you call him eloquent?  Does he have a problem with that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top