Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2001 10:03:19 AM EDT
Another new guy question....
Out on the range last night I noticed something odd. Occasionaly after the initial charging of the first round, the bolt gets hung up on the lip of the mag. If the mag is shaken and pressed *forward* it lets the bolt go and finishes chambering the round. (Hope you guys understand what I’m trying to explain here. Sorry)
I’m assuming it has something to do with the mag not being seated properly as wiggling the mag will then “fix” it.
Is it normal for the mag to move (slightly) in the mag well? This seems to be the problem. What can I do to “tighten” the fit of the mag in the well?
Is it the just the lips on the mag causing this and how can I fix them if it is the mag? This doesn’t just happen with one mag but several. Otherwise, I would have automatically just assumed it was the mag and tossed it.
As always, I’d really appreciate any help you guys could offer.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Are your mags USGI? What kind of lower do you have? Aftermarket magazines cause problems in some lowers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The mags are Parsons'. The lower is Colt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know well enough to solve the problem BUT anytime that happens just jab the forward assist with your right thumb- the bolt should snick forward into place. In fact, soldiers are trained to jab the forward assist each time they charge a round, it's a good habit.
I'm sure someone here will have a better answer for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top