Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2002 5:58:37 PM EDT
Just got my new paintball marker. It is a Smart Parts 4X4 shocker S/F ( Select fire, 3 Shot, Full auto and semi). Only had an hour to mess with it but so far it kicks ass. On Full Auto it will out run my 9-volt hopper. Think me has to get a 12-volt. At 40 yards on 3-round burst it will put all 3 in a 4" group, pretty cool I think. At 75 yards it will put 3 balls on a 1'X 1' target off hand. Going to sand bag it and try to see what it will do at 100 yards. Need to add sights on it, just sighting down the barrel.

Anyone know anything on cool up-grades for this marker. Like to add a set of sights or a scope but I dont know if I can tap the reciever for a scope mount.

Also if any one has any used equipment for sale , let me know. I could use some other stuff and I have some friends that might be able to use some things to.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a permanent marker I like to sniff. It makes me dizzy.

Sherm
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't need sights or a scope....  I can't believe you even thought about putting a scope on it.  All paintball has become is spray and pray.  I have a Cocker '99 gathering dust up in the bedroom because I can't stand to play anymore.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure on any upgrades for the gun itself but to get the best accuracy you need a good paint to barrel match.  Make sure you have fresh paint too.  Also for your Revy, you can order the x-board for $10 and also an evil impeller or something similar.  This will make your revy feed at around 12bps consistantly.

BTW:  I have a 2k2 fireball cocker with a Racegun! :)
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You don't need sights or a scope....  I can't believe you even thought about putting a scope on it.  All paintball has become is spray and pray.  I have a Cocker '99 gathering dust up in the bedroom because I can't stand to play anymore.  
View Quote

You wanting to part with it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
ok I guess I forgot to mention this is not my first paintmarker, I have had 6 of them. And I dont spray paint unless I am in a cross fire by myself. I once was the last in my party and had 7 left on the other team. Used good cover and dumped plenty of paint or spray as you call it but I was able to pin them down and circle them for a sweet and  skillfull kills. They never knew what was up befor I had toasted 3 of them off. If you ever get into this situation all you have to doo is fire to pin one down and run to circle, By the time they figure what is going on you will have terminated a few of them. Then things will look diffrent for those wiennies that thought you was going to be a cake walk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You wanting to part with it?
View Quote

Naaa, put to much time and money into it.  Besides, there might be a time when I get the taste back in my mouth to play again.  Before I got out of playing it seemed as if the sport was going in the right direction when they started to limit paint to 200 rounds.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like hopper ball.  But there is nothing like shooting 1200rds in a 10 minute game!  :)  I have done it a few times, tournaments of course.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, you're right.  I have done my share of dumping.  Once won a game in 1:27 mins.  but I must have gone trough 500 balls!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to play paint ball competively.  My primary marker is an angel.  I played in the NEPL.  When money and time allows I'm going to start playing tournies again.  Here are my thoughts:

-That is a lot of gun you have there.  You should consider finding a team and playing tournaments.  They are a blast.  What a great excuse to take weekend trips with buddies!

-FA and 3 round burst are fun, but not useful.  Most fields won't allow them and no tournaments will.

-Getting a 12v hopper is not a bad idea.  You will want to adjust down your max rate of fire just enough to match your hopper.  When people first get a fast shooting marker, they want to crank the ROF all the way up.  Fast ROF is only half the benefit of an electro marker, the other half is not breaking balls.  Once you break a ball, accuracy is shot for the rest of the game even with a squeegie.

Upgrades:
-Forget sights or scopes, practice what is known as snap shooting.  You want to be able to pop out and shoot at your target accurately simply by pointing.  In the heat of the game if you hang out and look down your sights you will catch one in the goggles.  Practice is the way to go.  You've probably had a favorite handgun that is like an extension of your arm.  One you simply point and hit things without using the sights.  You want to get like that with your marker too.

-Barrels are a must.  Long barrels are NOT more accurate in paintball though they are easier to sight down and quieter.  They also can get in the way.  I'd suggest getting a few barrels so you can match paint size to barrel.  This is key for accuracy.  It varies from season to season, but a nice assortment might be 0.683, 0.687, 0.690 or something along those lines.  At touraments you use the paint they give you.  Then again if you only shoot one kind of paint simply get a good barrel for it.  Regarding length, 12-14" is best in my opinion.  Shorter is loud and inefficient, longer snags on stuff.  I like 12" barrel because I used to play forward a lot.

-A good investment would be a device called a drop forward craddle.  This basically moves your tank so that you can hold your gun closer in to your body.  When the fire fight is close range making yourself a small target is key.  If you are a very big fellow, this is less desirable because you are already a large target you may find this set up less comfortable.  Experiment and see what you think after trying other people's markers.

-A nice set of knee/shin guards will make playing much more comfortable.  Also, shockers go through paint fast.  A comfortable pack to carry paint is a must.  Get an appropriate size for how much paint you shoot (ie if you shoot 500 rounds a game, don't get a 300 round pack and don't get a 1200 round pack either).

Feel free to email me about anything:

[email protected]

Have fun...
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember those days, I had a nice auto cocker but I parted with it and temporarily retired due to economic restraints. If I ever get back into it I am going to get a Tippman 98 with a HPA system. The best kind of games are the scenario games, those were always fun. But first I have other considerations, such as a rifle and a car, that are much more important.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
yea I have been useing a remote and a gass through stock, But I like sniping. Love to see eyeballs as gig as silver dollars when you popo out od nowhere and cap someones ass,

Reminds me of a game I was in a few months ago.
We had a young man that was in the Army Ranger. He was in an leave for a couplw weeks and came out to play wiht us. He started the day out with a few storie about how he took a sniper prisoner after he snuck up on him and knocked him out. Now you have to picture a young 18 year old that is very small in statur and looks like the guy on mad Magizine. I had to walk away to keep him from seeing me laugh.

Evertime he steped out of cover , there I was hidden. LOL........ He never knew what hit him. Then he got tired of dieing so He started wiping paint so in my defence I started loading him up with paint. Once he tried to sneak up on me after he had just dumped about 300 balls at me. So I circled around again and again at a dead run, by the time it was through he had no idea where I had gone but man the look in his eyes through his mask when he walk into me . LOL HE trid to dive to the ground but I filled his face with paint \. Looked like he had been sucking on paint,
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to play and I had a Bushmaster 2000 but I sold it to buy real guns. I got tired of seeing the 12 year old kids with the $3000 rigs that their parents bought for them. [>(]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Man I haven't played in a long time.  I have a lowly Tippman 68 carbine, a tippman 98 I got in a pawnshop, and a Stingray I got at a pawnshop also, but I modified the trigger prted barrels and other stuff.  the 98 is kinda acting up, every now and then it farts out like 3 balls, and the pressure is not being very consistent. my 68 carbine has never let me down though, it is excellent.  I wish I could afford a cocker or some high end marker, but I spend my money on real guns and ammo...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top