Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2002 1:06:35 PM EDT
I did some work last year for a friend as a favor. He conviced his company to pay me for the favor. They paid me a grand for something that only took about 15 minutes to do. Sweet!!! So, what should I use the money for?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
anything that goes boom, bang, or pop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Two words:
Coke.  Hookers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammo.

that goes boom, bang, and hopefully never pop
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
What does that work out to after taxes
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Off hand, I would guess about $700.00.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Two words:
Coke.  Hookers.
View Quote

LOL. Already have a steady supply of those items.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Off hand, I would guess about $700.00.
View Quote

I'm incorporated. I'm in the 14-17 percent bracket.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who couldn't use a(nother) preban AR?
View Quote

Can't do it. No more AR's allowed into California.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Just send it to me, you'll never miss it!

:)
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
How about paying off some Credit Card Debt.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#12]
There has not been a better time to invest than right now, there are tons of great stocks, dirt cheap.  Pick a winner and in 10-15 years, you will see that 1k turn into 35-40k.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There has not been a better time to invest than right now, there are tons of great stocks, dirt cheap.  Pick a winner and in 10-15 years, you will see that 1k turn into 35-40k.

View Quote

The trick is to picking a winner. What would you suggest? My portfolio includes Apple Computers, Coke, GM, Boeing, Union Tribune, and a couple mutual funds.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Never bet against the winners, I have been buying as much Microsoft and Walmart as I can.  (I do about 4k a month in investments), so far, it they have been a couple of winners.

I also just made a bundle in shorting Kmart stock, but selling short is not for the faint of heart, nor for 1k.

I would ditch apple persoanlly, they are going to go no where, coke sounds good, newspaper stocks always scare me (at least for the past 6 years or so, their ad revenue has taken a brutal beating), airline stocks , who can say, I am a long term investor, and people will have to travel the globe, but I just don't like them right now.  As to mutual funds, blah, where is the fun in that?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
What about something gun related?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
HEY JOHN, SEND THAT $1000 TO ME!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What about something gun related?
View Quote

Way to risky, you don't buy a firearm as an investment unless you are buying ti as a shooter (IMHO), while pre-bans have skyrocketed in prioce, a friggin star could shine in the east and the AW ban could sunset, and you would be left with a very expensive "cheap" rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I did some work last year for a friend as a favor. He conviced his company to pay me for the favor. They paid me a grand for something that only took about 15 minutes to do. Sweet!!! So, what should I use the money for?
View Quote

Obviously this is money that you did not count on or incorporate into your budget. If you try to spend it, it will just throw everything off and you'll have to spend all that time recalculating and rebudgeting.

Save yourself the headache and send the money to me. I will see to it that it is disposed of properly.....

( I will perform this money-disposal service for any of you, because you are my friends. No minimum amount required. )

[:D]

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
If you live near LA go ot B&B guns in North Hollywood, and pick up the pss in .308 for $800.
they had two last I checked.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Obviously this is money that you did not count on or incorporate into your budget. If you try to spend it, it will just throw everything off and you'll have to spend all that time recalculating and rebudgeting.

Save yourself the headache and send the money to me. I will see to it that it is disposed of properly.....

( I will perform this money-disposal service for any of you, because you are my friends. No minimum amount required. )

View Quote

LOL. Check is in the mail. You should receive it within 3 days. Please make sure the money is disposed of properly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL. Check is in the mail. You should receive it within 3 days. Please make sure the money is disposed of properly.
View Quote

HEY!  I asked first!  I think it's circle of death time.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, you asked first, but Buckaroo has a Money Disposal service. If I send the money to you, I think you'd just use it on beer and hookers. [beer]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, you asked first, but Buckaroo has a Money Disposal service. If I send the money to you, I think you'd just use it on beer and hookers. [beer]
View Quote

Yes, Yes, but it would be done in your honor!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Save up another two grand and buy an AR-50!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes, Yes, but it would be done in your honor!
View Quote

LOL. So, if I send the money to you, you'd toast me with the beer while you're banging the hooker? Ok, that sounds good, check's in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Suggestion (mostly gun related):

Use the $1000 to buy a cheap piece of property out of state--Nevada, Arizona, or something you can get to on occasion.  Get a storage unit nearby.  Get a dual residency in that state (drivers license with your property's address).  Then buy what you want when you get more money and store it in the storage unit.  Get out and shoot on occasion.  Or use the $1000 as a downpayment on a cheap house or trailer in a free state.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can see that you are wise man. You will not be disappointed !!!

Be sure and tell all your friends !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top