Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2009 6:52:39 PM EDT
If so, have you installed any iPhone apps on it?

I need a new mp3 player and I'm thinking about buying one of these if I can get KAC's Bulletflight app to run on it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my iPod Touch. I have Pandora on it and listen to it all day at work.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What's Pandora?
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What's Pandora?

http://www.pandora.com/

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Rad.

What about iPhone apps, have you ever messed around with any?
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Rad.

Depends entirely on the app, if it's wifi reliant or not, and if it's compatible.

Are you really going to buy a $400 mp3 player just to buy $20 ballistic software on it?

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I am buying it because I need a new mp3 player.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rad.

I have a shitload of apps. When you get it you will start browsing the app store and you will wind up with a ton of free apps.

I can't recommend an iPod Touch enough.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Right on, that's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one.  I've used iPhone apps.  Anything that does not require all of the iPhone hardware (like the ability to make phone calls) will run just fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one.  I've used iPhone apps.  Anything that does not require all of the iPhone hardware (like the ability to make phone calls) will run just fine.

This,  and there is no mic on the Touch, so anything relying on a mic will install, but obviously not work.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Hold up a month man!

I was looking into this a couple weeks ago and though its generally a "secret", Apple has released new devices in Sept the last two years in a row.  This is good for you because you can either choose to get the new one (more kooler) or buy the old one at a discount.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Needs more memory.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Needs more memory.

what it lacks in mem it makes up for with its little HTML browser.

leave the browser out and its just another mp3 player ..  the browser makes it
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I absoluely love mine. I take it everywhere with me. Battery really gets zapped fast if I leave it in the glove box of my truck at night when its really hot or cold!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking to get the wife a 16 or 32 GB Ipod touch for her birthday.

Was waiting to see if they were going to release the camera version this month, but it looks like that's a no go (apparently had some camera hardware issues).

Anybody else have any comments on this?  I got to play with one and was impressed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Take a look at Ballistic. First class app.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Rad.

I have a shitload of apps. When you get it you will start browsing the app store and you will wind up with a ton of free apps.    

I can't recommend an iPod Touch enough.

How do the apps work? WiFi?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, wifi.

I don't believe there's a GPS receiver in the Touch either, so that stuff doesn't work either.  

Check out Otterbox for cases.  The Armor Sport package is the no-bullshit waterproof, shockproof case.  Some guy had one rail mounted.  That case is a HUGE advantage in the Touch over the iPhone.  The iPhone has a relatively nice "Defender" model case, but you can't seal up an iPhone's internal speakers, so it's sort of half-assed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Take a look at Ballistic. First class app.

That looks like a nice little app.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top