Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 7:28:43 PM EDT
So obviously we don't want to bring these dirtbags to US soil and our allies don't want them in their country.  So we take them to Cuba.  Has Castro said anything (not that it matters) about bringing them to his neck of the woods.  Why didn't we leave them there in camps.  The fear factor must have played a roll in shipping them out.  I imagine that most of them had never left their shithole and never flown before.  Putting them on a plane and flying them half way around the world must have shook them up a bit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, most of them are apparently Arabs, who came to Afghanistan only to get caught.

Castro has actually said he'd send back anyone who escaped and made it to cuba.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
We have them in GITMO because there is no way to escape, no way any of their fellow fanatics will be able to try to set them free and there is a great psychological advantage to being able to bring them to a place that is so far from their home and reminding them often that there is no escape and no rescue on the way.  They are not there to be held, they are there to be interrogated and anything that helps break down their resolve makes it that much easier.  

I wonder if any of them actually know they are in Cuba or do they just know that they are prisoners who've been taken far from home.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

To where; back to the camps?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder if any of them actually know they are in Cuba or do they just know that they are prisoners who've been taken far from home.  
View Quote

Wondered the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a report that they are asking to be sent to an American prison.  sorry, no vacancy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

To where; back to the camps?
View Quote

That's what I heard on the radio news; that Cuba vowed any escapee would be returned to our custody in Gitmo.  As I understand it, even if one of those dirtbags DID get out, he'd never survive the minefields and other obstacles.  [X]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Just put 'em in front of the firing squad and be done with it!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe there will be a mass escape attempt and all of the escapees will be shot trying to flee.  [xx(]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought I heard Castro's brother say through a translator that if any of the prisoners tried to escape, what's left of them after they are recaptured would be returned to our custody.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe there will be a mass escape attempt and all of the escapees will be shot trying to flee.  [xx(]
View Quote

I'll donate the twist-ties to keep the gates secure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top