5    9mm Unknown Type
   4    .50 Caliber
   3    .30 Caliber U.S. Carbine
   3    .380 Auto Caliber
   2    9mm Smith & Wesson
   1    AK-74 Type
   1    Grendel
View Quote

And to prove the point that good mags (i.e., presumably USGI's) will last a lifetime, they also had:

Magazine Springs
   360  M-16/AR-15
   42   FN FAL .308 Caliber Type
   35   AK-47
   28   9mm Magazine Springs of Unknown Type
   15   Unknown
   10   M-14
   6    M-1 Carbine
   3    .50 Caliber
   1    Mini-14 Magazine
   1    Glock
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No damn wonder they lost....

All those damn people, and thats it?

If there was 50 of them, thats ONLY about 10 mags per person(main 2 types divided up)......

BE PREPARED!!!! SHEESH!

OUT HERE!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you honestly expect me to believe that if they had actually had all these weapons they would have lost?  Not a chance!  It's another government coverup.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I just realized how much further I have to go.
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hate to have been the dude with the '74! Only one mag!?
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course they would have lost.  Surrounded, out numbered, cut off from supply/escape.  Another reason was Koresh thought he was Jesus yet he wore glasses.  Hey look everybody, there's Jesus coming out of LensCrafters!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The Davidians definitely would have completely decimated the ATF in the initial raid as the JBT had run out of ammo and had to negotiate a withdrawl from Mount Carmel. The problem that the Davidians had was that they truly believed that the government would never intentionally kill them and unfortunately they were wrong.

Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
where did they find these mags?  with the heat of the fire and damage it caused i find it hard to believe that they could i.d. all those mags. won't a ak74 mag melt at that temp?
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Which one of those mags held the anti tank rounds?  And I have the feeling if the ATF thought they did have something of that capacity they would have then called in air strikes against them.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The Davidians ran a business in another building called the MAG BAG.  I'll assume most of the magazines were there.  Heck, most of their guns were offsite at a gun show.

What anti-tank rounds did they have?  Even a 50 BMG SLAP round won't penetrate an Abrams.  More pro-government propaganda.

Koresh didn't think he was Jesus, just a prophet to be used in the final days.

Try reading David Tibideos (sp?) book or watch the Waco tapes.  You will change your mind about Koresh.  Was he a great guy?  No.  Was he having sex with young girls?  Yes, but I can marry a 12 year old in Delaware, so...  Did he break the law?  Maybe.  But he could have easily been arrested at any time.  

He invited the BATF to come out and inspect his weapons!  Texas Child Services looked into allegations of child abuse and found none.

Our government murdered those people at Waco because they were too different and BECAUSE THEY COULD.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]
1    Air Rifle
View Quote

Bwahaha.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hate to have been the dude with the '74! Only one mag!?
View Quote
I think I would rather have the AK 74 with one mag than be stuck with the Grendel![:)]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
What kills me is why this list of magazines is an issue anyway. I'm sorry but it is NOT against the law to own rifle/pistol magazines, no matter how many. We all know who the criminals here are. I agree that the Davidians were a bunch of strange folks, but being "different" is NOT a crime either. Can you imagine the outcry had this been a group of gays? The marching and demonstrations would have made the Vietnam protests look meaningless, but that would never have happened. The media clearly took sides as there was NO outcry. What about the minorities that vanished in those flames? Where was the NAACP when they died? What about "Children's Advocates" groups. Silent. This country sat back & watched these people die on TV like Romans in a coliseum seeing Christians being thrown to the lions. Sheeple. BAHHHHHHHH
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What kills me is why this list of magazines is an issue anyway. I'm sorry but it is NOT against the law to own rifle/pistol magazines, no matter how many. We all know who the criminals here are. I agree that the Davidians were a bunch of strange folks, but being "different" is NOT a crime either. Can you imagine the outcry had this been a group of gays? The marching and demonstrations would have made the Vietnam protests look meaningless, but that would never have happened. The media clearly took sides as there was NO outcry. What about the minorities that vanished in those flames? Where was the NAACP when they died? What about "Children's Advocates" groups. Silent. This country sat back & watched these people die on TV like Romans in a coliseum seeing Christians being thrown to the lions. Sheeple. BAHHHHHHHH
View Quote

It really can't be said any better than that! It deserves repeating!

What we all need to do is vow that we will NEVER let another Waco happen in OUR America!

For anyone who needs a dose of reality on the Waco masacre, browse this link for a few hours:
[url]http://www.mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/[/url]

If you have children, or if you just like children, do not read without a box of kleenex handy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Ditto.  Has anyone seen that documentary on Waco that aired on Skinemax?  I suggest it only if you want to get really pissed off.  I really liked how the only videotape of the thousands to be lost by the goverment was the actual raid.  Damn the luck.  You will also learn lots of other things that were never shown on the news.  The best part was after all the women and children died, the AG took all that "blame",  and Clinton never saw the buck, all the responsible FBI and ATF agents were promoted.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd hate to be one of the 6 guys with M1 Carbines, only .5 magazine per person! (6 guns, 3 magazines)

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
There are NEVER enough Mags!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top