Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 10:40:34 AM EDT
Quick background, I decided to finally quit smoking this year (after 16yrs), and after going back and forth smoking a little, and then stoping and using the week 1 Nicoderm patches, last week I finally decided enough is enough time to quit for good. So I resumed the patches but ran out faster then I realized. So this week CVS had their brand of patches on sale for half the price. Do not buy them, they are junk. I definately crave nicotine more then the habit of smoking, and their brand wore off after about 2 hours. The Nicoderm truly work for me  24 hours.

So I went today to return them and pay the cash differance for the Nicoderm brand. I bought them using cash orignally and was told to sign the receipt (no problem) and to print my Driver License ID number on the receipt. That is what I had a problem with. Why should I provide that number to CVS? I refused and the manager said I have to provide a number so I just wrote 12345678 on the reciept and that was the end. I did not make a scene as these were just regular employees. Anyway most returns with retail for a cash payment do not require anything but a signature. Anytime I am asked for info and a phone number is required, I write down unlisted (which I pay extra to the phone co to have) or I just use 555-1212 where a number is verified (online typically). Anyway would anyone else have objected to providing your Driver License ID number? I just felt it was no more their business then if they asked for my SS# for a cash refund.

By the way smoke free since last thursday and feeling good! I use tic-tacs whenever I get a craving for a cigarrette, that seems to work better for me then gum. The Nicoderm I really feel works good for me. Like I said I definately crave nicotine more then I do the smoking habit itself. The past few months I really just hated lighting up the taste, the smell etc.. I leave the patch on overnight and have no craving at all in the morning like I used to, even when having some coffee. I do however get the side effect of some really funky dreams!! I barely ever dream (or least never wake up remembering dreaming) but have been having some real crazy ones!! I best not go into details lol....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top