Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 9:07:36 AM EDT
I had a ridiculously bad day, yesterday. Lawsuits, bad contracts, lost revenue, it was a day from hell. So, when my girlfriend called me, I just started ranting about how crappy the day was. She invited me to dinner and I didn't think it was a good idea because I was in a really foul mood. Of course, she got her way and I drove to her place for dinner.
I get to her door and surprise! She's wearing some outfit from Victoria's Secret. Whoa, to hell with dinner. I pick her up and we went straight to her bedroom.
As I was tearing her lingerie off, she said something like, "No matter how bad your day is going, just remember that there's someone out there that love's you."
I'm concentrating on the lingerie and hoping not to tear it or anything, and I answered something like, "Yeah, I love you, too."
We get to doing the nasty and I TOTALLY forget about how bad the day was.
Afterwards, in our nice little afterglow, I start to think, OMIGOD, did I say the three little words? I really like this one, but I don't know if I love her, yet.

Anyone, else?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have NEVER said "I love you" simply to get l**d.
(lie)
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only ever said those words to one person and I meant them.  Haven't said it to anyone since.  Dangerous words to say when you don't mean them.  Can get you into trouble and hurt someone you care about.  The girl you describe here sounds pretty cool though.  Maybe you do mean them and don't know it...
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Have I???

Does a bear shit in the woods and wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit???
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

(lie)
View Quote

That's the only reason I've ever said it.  The hardest part was learning to do it without laughing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#5]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

(lie)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the only reason I've ever said it. The hardest part was learning to do it without laughing.
View Quote

Mean bastard!............Hey! That worked for me!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've only ever said those words to one person and I meant them.  Haven't said it to anyone since.  Dangerous words to say when you don't mean them.  Can get you into trouble and hurt someone you care about.  The girl you describe here sounds pretty cool though.  Maybe you do mean them and don't know it...
View Quote

Maybe. Not sure, I've only been with the girl for less than two months. She is a really cool chick, though. Definitely a keeper if she's not a pyscho.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I get to her door and surprise! She's wearing some outfit from Victoria's Secret. Whoa, to hell with dinner. I pick her up and we went straight to her bedroom.
View Quote

lucky bastard...ungreatful, unmarried bastard...
hurrmph...what was the question?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

lucky bastard...ungreatful, unmarried bastard...
hurrmph...what was the question?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Now, if I can remember back that far, it was always me saying to some young girl 'If you really loved [b]me[/b], you would....'

Eric The(YadaYadaYada)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Never.  I WANTED to a couple times, but I had to restrain myself.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Gotta be careful with those words... Never had to resort to that, but do recall... "sure I will respect you in the morning..." while I am holding in from bursting out laughing.[}:D]

Does sound like you have a girl that in this short description would take good care of you, or was that outfit off your CC# lol...

Good luck on this situation though, they never forget when you say it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... though, they never forget when you say it!
View Quote

Truer words never spoken.  Worse, they remember exactly when you said it and what you were doing at the time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I love all of you and i don't mean it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Does "I long for you" count? [:D]

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I was talking to this one chick at a party and the conversation started to get a little dirty...
I looked at her, paused, then said, "I bet ya five bucks you won't ______ my ______."

Best five bucks I ever spent! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Does "I long for you" count? [:D]

View Quote

Yes, if the two words after "I" are slurred properly.

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

As I was tearing her lingerie off.......

View Quote

Sighhhh !
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Christ, John, I love her and I haven't even met her.  One tip--if she is psycho it won't matter whether you express your love or not--there will be trouble.  With women, psycho is a safe bet--some just hide it longer than others.  You banged her, so she thinks you love her.  End of story.  Truth/reality does not matter to women.  Enjoy it while you've got it as it's not like that after you marry her or anyone else.  Remember a quote from here (sorry to the originator as I can't remember who):  No matter how beautiful she is, there's a guy somewhere who's sick of her sh*t.
View Quote

Too true, my brother. I haven't had the best luck with the ladies lately. Relationships have been averaging around 3-6 months and they turn psycho. Heck, the last one lasted just 5 weeks!!! So, I'm really trying with this one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Definitely a keeper if she's not a pyscho.
View Quote

The psychos are the best ones.  They'll usually do "anything" and they're never boring. :D
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I love you..to ___ my ____.

That's really "meaning it."  Otherwise, I just say it to keep the p**sy happy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Define "Love."  I love the way your hair falls down your back.  To the extent I deeply care about you for the next 15 mins., I love you.  
[/Bill Clinton mode off]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Um, yeah....
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Ever say "I do" without meaning it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I was tearing her lingerie off.......

View Quote

Sighhhh !
View Quote

Ever try to carefully take one of those things off? I almost always rip up the lacey part and there goes 40 bucks for what essentially is tissue paper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Man! You're in the s#&t now! Now she's going to start liking you and stuff. I don't want to alarm you, but she may try to take advantage of you again at some piont. Actually, I would bet on it.
Don't worry about it. I'm sure she's a big girl. Besides, she didn't say "I love you". She said "Somebody loves you." Maybe she's talking about your Mom.
I would do her again and see what happens. It's the only thing you can do.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Man! You're in the s#&t now! Now she's going to start liking you and stuff. I don't want to alarm you, but she may try to take advantage of you again at some piont. Actually, I would bet on it.
Don't worry about it. I'm sure she's a big girl. Besides, she didn't say "I love you". She said "Somebody loves you." Maybe she's talking about your Mom.
I would do her again and see what happens. It's the only thing you can do.
View Quote

We've been doing it for around 6 weeks now and this is the first time the "L" word came up. I don't think she meant my mom. My mom died five years ago of cancer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Say I luv you for some poon tang, please. Of course I have!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#31]
When you said "I love you", it might not have been a lie.  I could be your subconcious telling you something.  If she made you totally forget your good sense and you just blurted it out, it could be true.  

Also, there are many kinds of love.  There is the romantic love of eternal devotion and true affection.  There is also the freak nasty hot for you monkey love.  You probably meant this kind of love, as it tends to be kind of  fleeting.  Nevertheless, it was not necessarily a lie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top