Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 10:16:25 PM EDT
Will this be the line in the sand that will cause Civil War 2

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25993

I just don’t know anymore but if this garbage actually gets enacted into law as I have read has actually happened in about 20 States I think we all really need to start planning for the next Civil War since I believe this might be the SHTF. Anyone want to take a guess if this will finally wake up the non believers.

=========================================

POLICE STATE, USA
Bill would give governors absolute power
Health-emergency proposal has 'little concern' for personal liberties

By Jon Dougherty
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

Could state governors order the collection of all data and records on citizens, ban firearms, take control of private property and quarantine entire cities? The answer is yes ? if governors and state legislatures adopted a new "model" bill currently under consideration.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
What, no one interested ???
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will this be the line in the sand that will cause Civil War 2

[url]www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25993[/url]

I just don’t know anymore but if this garbage actually gets enacted into law as I have read has actually happened in about 20 States I think we all really need to start planning for the next Civil War since I believe this might be the SHTF. Anyone want to take a guess if this will finally wake up the non believers.

=========================================

POLICE STATE, USA
Bill would give governors absolute power
Health-emergency proposal has 'little concern' for personal liberties

By Jon Dougherty
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

Could state governors order the collection of all data and records on citizens, ban firearms, take control of private property and quarantine entire cities? The answer is yes ? if governors and state legislatures adopted a new "model" bill currently under consideration.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill who?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I DID NOT GIVE ANY GOVENOR ABSOLUTE POWER!

...oops...sorry.  

Kidding aside, this is important.  In the light of 9-11, a lot of legislation that will erode our rights will continue to gain momentunm if we sit here and let it happen.  Act on this people.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry.   I think you're not getting too many responses because most of us are too busy cleaning our guns, stacking cases of ammo, reviewing our tactical situation, verifying our six month's survival food stores, and trying to figure out the best places to place the 'active defense devices' around the yard.

That bill is of SOME concern, but it won't pass in the states that still follow the US Constitution, which rules out New Jersey and Californistan.

CJ

CJ

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what I see if this passes:

A total ban on guns in:

California
New Jersey
Maryland
South Carolina
New York
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Massacutsetts
etc...

and Florida if Janet "The incinerator" Reno gets in. THen again, if she gets in bill or no bill there will be war in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
All the sources quoted in that article appear to be on the extreme right.  Just as the extreme left can use the media to spolight their agenda so can the right.

I think you  guys are jumping to conclusions without all the facts.  The information in that article is extremly one sided.  I don't see any armed revolt if something like this passess. Perhaps if it is clearly misused.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A total ban on guns in:

California
New Jersey
Maryland
South Carolina
New York
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Massacutsetts
etc...

and Florida if Janet "The incinerator" Reno gets in. THen again, if she gets in bill or no bill there will be war in Florida.
View Quote

How do you figure South Carolina in there with those other idiot states?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I see alot of SC Members bitching about their current admin. Some have said that the admin. has made it almost impossible for many to get a CCW. I am not sure how the Gov. is. But, if a state is that fucked up, then it is doomed.

Quoted:
Quoted:

A total ban on guns in:

California
New Jersey
Maryland
South Carolina
New York
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Massacutsetts
etc...

View Quote

How do you figure South Carolina in there with those other idiot states?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Reno has NO chance of winning in Florida.  None. Even less if Rosie O'Donnell becomes the campaign spokesbitch, which she has expressed an interest in.

Florida's State Constitution is pretty clear on the matter.   They can't take our firearms rights out and trample them without flagrantly violating that Constitution, and believe me, there FAR too many of us who wouldn't put up with that sh*t.  It'd be the first case of literally tarring and feathering someone that anyone had seen in perhaps fifty or more years.

Usually, it's not hard to find some jackass who's already got a bumpersticker for the more offensive candidate LONG before the election is under way, and it's as easy to find someone who is already saying that they'd vote for said dirtbag.    So far, I've seen and heard NOTHING like that as of yet, and I'm paying attention. NOBODY I've talked to would even THINK of voting for Reno, if the question was asked.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
cc48510

Are you suggesting that you would start a war if Reno is elected in Florida?  Is this some third world country?  You going to have a Coup?

{edited because I can't type}

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope for the best, BUT PREPARE FOR THE WORST.

The time is near.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
1) Yes
2) Not now. But, if it takes power, then Florida will be.
3) If enough people are willing to fight, then yes.

Quoted:
cc48510

Are you suggesting that you would start a war if Reno is elected in Florida?  Is this some third world country?  You going to have a Coup?

{edited because I can't type}

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Just another BRICK in the wall......

There is little interest in the constitution - federal or state -  when these matters come up.  Some of the people care but NONE of the government critters do.  The constitution is the enemy of all power hungry politicos!  (Thank God.)  Unfortunately, the people have given up so many of their rights and so much of the reserved power that it is approaching hopeless to control crap like this.  While it COULD be the "line in the sand"  I do not think there is enough sand left in the public to do much.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm saying that Janet Reno's chances of getting elected governor of Florida are practically ZERO .  There's not a single county that favors her by even the most wild and wacky estimate of the most hard-left pundit.

The proverbial 'snowball's chance'.

Florida is a stronghold of gun ownership.  Most if not all of Florida gun owners are aware of her anti-gun leanings, and you may be assured that she will be utterly stomped at the polls.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm saying that Janet Reno's chances of getting elected governor of Florida are practically ZERO .  There's not a single county that favors her by even the most wild and wacky estimate of the most hard-left pundit.The proverbial 'snowball's chance'.
View Quote

Don't forget all the Cubans in South Florida who were incensed when Eilan was sent back to Cuba. IMO she couldn't get elected dog catcher. Although she could get caught by one. >gg<
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe I read it wrong, but it seems the legislatures would have to pass a law that leaves them out in the cold.  Fat chance!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Now THAT is an angle I hadn't even CONSIDERED, being utterly disinterested in the affairs of anyone who lives south of the north limit of West Palm Beach county.

No one of Cuban descent or origin, or their families, would be likely to even CONSIDER voting for Reno, would they?   Not since she fumbled the EG fiasco.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#19]
That is why Gore only got 53% of the vote in Dade County. Bush got 97% of the Cuban vote, ostensibly winning him the election.

But, only 16/67 counties went to Gore in 2000. Even less will go to Reno. Notice that Dade (A Traditionally Heavily Liberal County) only went to Gore by 6%.

Alachua (58-42)
Broward (69-31)
Dade (53-47)
Flagler (52-48)
Gadsen (67-33)
Hernando (52-48)
Jefferson (55-45)
Leon (61-39)
Monroe (50.4-49.6)
Orange (51-49)
Osceola (52-48)
Palm Beach (64-36)
Pasco (50.3-40.7)
Pinellas (52-48)
Saint Lucie (54-46)
Volusia (54-46)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top