Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2009 3:19:17 AM EDT
Yeah there are a few of use here who are joining up. I guess its my turn.
I took the asvab and passed. Today I am going to take my physical.  I have been working with the army but I want to see what the navy has to offer too. Would I have to take the physical again if I went with the navy instead of the army?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 3:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that you would. Good luck! The people at MEPS are usually assholes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 3:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I took the asvab and passed. Today I am going to take my physical. I have been working with the army but I want to see what the navy has to offer too. Would I have to take the physical again if I went with the navy instead of the army?

You wanna know how I know you're gay?  

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
(–––– Still has memories/Nightmares of 80+ guys all bending over and spreading cheeks in groups of 5 or 6... MEPS in Houston TX.... I should have gotten a ribbon just for that trauma alone.

(at least, I hope that was MEPS? It was the 1980's....... )
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I took the asvab and passed. Today I am going to take my physical. I have been working with the army but I want to see what the navy has to offer too. Would I have to take the physical again if I went with the navy instead of the army?

good one, awesome!

good luck

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

(–––– Still has memories/Nightmares of 80+ guys all bending over and spreading cheeks in groups of 5 or 6... MEPS in Houston TX.... I should have gotten a ribbon just for that trauma alone.

I left out of the Houston MEPS too (hometown).  My favorite was the 5 star hotel they put me in the night before.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I took the asvab and passed. Today I am going to take my physical.  I have been working with the army but I want to see what the navy has to offer too. Would I have to take the physical again if I went with the navy instead of the army?

Call the Navy recruiter and ask him.  Just like the ASVAB, the MEPS physical should be accepted by all branches. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Bend over and spread 'em.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Groups of 5 or 6? Sounds like nice small romantic group. We had a line of about 30 of us.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it has more to do with how long it has been since your prior physical. All the records are kept by the same people, so I wouldn't expect you to have to do it again if you went within the past couple weeks, if it has been longer than you may need to.

BTW - at least when I went to MEPS last year, they did the cheek check individually in a closed room with the doctor. We only had to do the underwear duck walk in groups.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Groups of 5 or 6? Sounds like nice small romantic group. We had a line of about 30 of us.

Oh, it was bad. Summer of 1983. If I remember correctly, there were around 100-150 of us, (not the 80+ number i thought of earlier) and the Navy Medical guys made us all face the walls in the big room, and then bend over and spread them in groups of 5 or 6. God, I'm going to get drunk just remembering that day. We did the medical testing, blood work and exercises, then afterward,  individual screening. Later on, after the ASVAB results were released, just over half of us (around 80 of us) were back to finish up processing. You would think they would screen out the morons first  with the ASVAB, then look at the remaining buttholes, but, I guess that's a Navy Thing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He went to the Army recruiter first.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He went to the Army recruiter first.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top