Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 8:46:25 PM EDT
I don't want to be some prentend warrior, but I would like to have a vest that could carry mags for either gun plus my water and other gear.  I am tired of lugging a bag to the woods for hunting and would prefer to have a vest to evenly distibute the weight.  Many times I need to hit the ground on my ranch on the way to hunt, but I am tired of slinging my hunting bag out of my way.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, for the spelling ...Pretend!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You can edit your posts by hitting the edit button right above it when you are logged in. Of course you probably know that and are shamelessly increasing your post count[:D]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't care about my post count, and did not know about the edit button.  Please, describe which button, and I will use it in future posts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the notepad with the pencil

[img]http://www.ar15.com/forums/images/icons/icon_edit_topic.gif[/img]

If you hold the mouse over the icons it says what they do

It's second to last.

(All the icons are in a box above the text in all your posts in case you didn't notice them)
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
In my haste, I never hovered the pointer long enough.  (as we both increase our post counts in this discussion). [;)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
most tac vests can handle 30 rounders from either an AK or AR.  Personally, I have a Blackhawk Omega Tac-1 vest that will hold either mag, has room for a Camelbak Unbottle or clone and you can put a web/duty belt on the bottom of it for other pouches.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
How many rounds do you typically carry when Hunting???

As for vests, SOE and Eagle are all I care to use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one extra mag during hunting.  I just noticed that most advertised the carry of AR mags.  I want to buy one and only one vest that will carry AK and AR and some other gear.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top