Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 8:24:06 PM EDT
81% were expected to watch the State of the Union Address; did you?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I was at work.  Of course, if I was at home I couldn't have watched it, because my TV is broken.  I haven't even been tempted to buy a new one...z
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I caught most of it. Mrs. Sukebe and I had to do some birthday shopping for little girl Sukebe who will be 3 on 4 Feb. I am optomistic but still cynical when it comes to politicians. GWB seems to respect the office much more than the scum bag he replaced. I liked GHWB very much. I hope he has some influence over GWB. The fact is all politicians are the same. Anyone who would spend millions of dollars for a job that pays hundreds of thousands a year has got to have questionable motivation.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I listened to it on the radio .....
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Caught the first couple minutes on the radio and had to record the rest (Work)
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: [b]
Quoted:
81% were expected to watch the State of the Union Address; did you?
View Quote
[/b]

When is it? I think I'm on the internet too much.[:D]
View Quote

Supposedly, it was streamed onto the internet - you could have caught it there [;)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I listened to it on the radio .....
View Quote

Doh!  I didn't even think of doing that.  You'd think that at my age, I would have.z
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I watched it, and it was a good, and an excellent speech.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mrs. Sukebe and I had to do some birthday shopping for little girl Sukebe who will be 3 on 4 Feb.  
View Quote

Well, congratulations are in order.  I bet she is the high point of your life.  Treasure her, she is a gift.  Best wishes!  [:)]
View Quote

Read my post titled AHHHHHhh Im too young for this!!

Treasure her and treasure the time she is a little girl....it goes by far to fast!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I caught most of it. Mrs. Sukebe and I had to do some birthday shopping for little girl Sukebe who will be 3 on 4 Feb. I am optomistic but still cynical when it comes to politicians. GWB seems to respect the office much more than the scum bag he replaced. I liked GHWB very much. I hope he has some influence over GWB. The fact is all politicians are the same. Anyone who would spend millions of dollars for a job that pays hundreds of thousands a year has got to have questionable motivation.
View Quote

Congrats and enjoy what has been my favorite age of my kids.
I am opposite of your view of Bush the Elder and I keep telling myself Bush the Younger is a good man.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't watch speeches from politicians anymore (regardless of their party), because all they ever do is LIE LIE LIE...they make promises and proceed to break them.

Most of the time all they ever do is raise taxes and pass laws taking away our freedoms.

I've seen both Democrats AND Republicans do this.

They will promise you the moon, give a nice little pep talk about freedom and democracy and meanwhile they'll back bills taking away our Constitutional Rights.

Screw Clinton, Screw Gore and Screw Bush.

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't watch speeches from politicians anymore (regardless of their party), because all they ever do is LIE LIE LIE...they make promises and proceed to break them.

Most of the time all they ever do is raise taxes and pass laws taking away our freedoms.

I've seen both Democrats AND Republicans do this.

They will promise you the moon, give a nice little pep talk about freedom and democracy and meanwhile they'll back bills taking away our Constitutional Rights.

Screw Clinton, Screw Gore and Screw Bush.
View Quote

What he said.

We'll see what Bush is made of come 04 and the sunset of the AW Ban.  I have my doubts.

[IMG]http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top