Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2009 6:46:28 PM EDT
Up until about a month ago I went to this place on a prety regular basis.  Funny thing is I was talking to my wife just toight about cancelling my membership since I have surgery on my leg coming up in about 2 weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09216/988585-100.stm

Four killed in shooting in Collier
Gunman reported dead at scene
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
By Matt Smith and Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Bill Wade/Post-GazetteA man carrying a duffel bag walked into a rear door of the L.A. Fitness center in Collier this evening and opened fire, killing four or five people and wounding as many as 11 more.

Allegheny County police said they believe the gunman was among the dead.

Ashley Ogordowski, 23, of Muse, Washington County, said she was in an exercise class when the man came in and started shooting.

"I was crouched to the side with a girl who was not my friend... shoot... shoot... shoot...'' she said, sobbing.

She said she was told that several people had been wounded, including a friend of hers.

"All I want to do now is find out what happened to my friend."

The scene outside the fitness center was chaotic as dozens of ambulances, police cars and other emergency vehicles converged on the area.

Tony Williams said his daughter, Melinda, 22, told him that she was in the aerobics area "when he came in with a bag and started shooting." He couldn't say what kind of weapon the gunman used.

His daughter, he said, was shot in the knee and fell to the floor. A friend helped her to safety.

"She's going to be OK," the distraught father said.

Many of those who got out of the gym safely credited the fitness center staff with calmly steering people toward the exits.

After the shooting, scores of those people milled about the parking lot outside the fitness center, which has been taped off and was inaccessible to those who left personal property inside.

Lauren Dooley, 26, was inside the center when the shooting broke out on the first floor.

Ms. Dooley was on a treadmill, listening to her iPOD.

"I saw people flying off the treadmills, hitting the ground" for cover, Ms. Dooley said. "We crawled through the fire escape and I sprinted out the back."

She said she heard 12 to 15 shots, possibly coming from an aerobics room.

A man who was playing racquetball said the scene inside was total chaos.

"It was panic," said Perry Calabro, 53, of Bridgeville. "Then we realized it was gunfire. Once the shooting started, everybody started running. "

He counted about eight shots.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09216/988585-100.stm#ixzz0NGymLKFN
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be a lot of that going on.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=908736
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Again?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Somone lock this dupe that I posted.  I thought I searched far enough but apparently I missed the thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top