Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2009 4:43:31 PM EDT
My 13 year old wants a new airsoft gun to play with his friends at a local indoor airsoft range.

(Before anything else is said, he already has his own 10/22 and his own 20 g shotgun and he also shoots AR 15 and AR 10)

He (thinks) he wants a pistol type airsoft gun...semi auto...CO2... and it has to be limited (or can be limited) to 350 fps max because of the house limits at the indoor airsoft place that they go.

ANY recommendations as far as brand, model, place to buy would GREATLY be appreciated. Also, things and places to stay away from would be appreciated too.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
go electric... no buying gass all the time.  just recharge battery and go
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC electrics aren't as powerful as gas, but the gas may be too powerful (Over 350).

Post 762 wasted in an AIRSOFT THREAD!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Airsoft GI
They are very reliable, and have the best costumer service

A good starter rifle
KWA for gas hand guns
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They sell airsoft Mauser Broomhandle's that do 500fps with red gas.

But I would think the dinky electric ones would break too soon. I think even Big 5 sells reasonable metal green gas pistols.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Echo 1 guns are great but shoot 400 fps out of the box

try a classic army sportline 315-330 out of the box
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Echo 1 guns are great but shoot 400 fps out of the box

try a classic army sportline 315-330 out of the box

That's the airsoft equivalent of gun shop BS
320 to 340 is more acurate
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Airsoft GI is one of the best online retailers for airsoft, and they throw in occasional goodies with your order.  As far as guns, if your getting a rifle definetly get an electric one.  Classic army is hands down the most authentic / well crafted manufacture as far as airsoft goes.  And if your getting a pistol,  most gas guns will work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Airsoft GI is one of the best online retailers for airsoft, and they throw in occasional goodies with your order.  As far as guns, if your getting a rifle definetly get an electric one.  Classic army is hands down the most authentic / well crafted manufacture as far as airsoft goes.  And if your getting a pistol,  most gas guns will work.

Their shipping speed sucks, but at least they didnt screw up the order like airsplat.

I have a Wilson GBB, I enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive been out of the airsoft scene for a while. My avatar is a relic from those days. But anywho.

Go over to airsoftforum.com and see about finding a guy named P.O.R. (pistols only revolution) plays with nothing but a pair of pistols. He is quite knowledgable (not to mention quite the high end collection).

Im 21, and recenlty the neighborhood kids have started playing. Ive talked to them about playin and they have resparked my passion for it. Currently waiting on a gas carbine.

This is the same thing Im waiting on the brown shirt santa to bring me, except i got the basic M4 style.(most of the higher end gas carbines will work with actual AR parts.)

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#10]
KSC, KWA or HFC Glock 18c with extended mags.

The KSC version is about $200 but all metal.

The KWA is the plastic version of the same gun for the same price.

The HFC version is a copy of the KSC and is all plastic but only $122

Lots of accessories and if desired aftermarket upgrades.  Parts/upgrades swap between them.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
KSC, KWA or HFC Glock 18c with extended mags.

The KSC version is about $200 but all metal.

The KWA is the plastic version of the same gun for the same price.

The HFC version is a copy of the KSC and is all plastic but only $122

Lots of accessories and if desired aftermarket upgrades.  Parts/upgrades swap between them.

I think you're a bit mixed up. The KWA is metal, without trademarks. The KSC is plastic, with trademarks, but is also available in metal, also with trademarks. (I'm pretty sure that this is the case. I've been out of airsoft for a little while.)

I would avoid the G18c series as a first gun, due to reliability issues. (This is based off of my experiences, and the experiences of others.)

I'd go for a KWA M19, which is a G19 replica. They can be hard to find, due to Glock cracking down on trade dress issues, though. As of right now, I can't find any in stock.

Oh, and here's a link to their Pro Shop, where they offer replacement parts: http://store.kwausa.com/

You might be able to order a complete slide and a complete frame from them, and put them together.

-Ed
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.airsoftextreme.com has some very fancy custom guns and their customer service is pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I forgot to mention, I do frequent airsoft forums every now and then, and there are a few second-hand high quality GBBs for sale. (Some of them are pretty nice.)

If you want me to get you in contact with some of the sellers, let me know via IM.

-Ed
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Places I have personally used:

1.  Airsoft Atlanta, in Georgia.  Bought my KWA metal slide G19 from these guys.

2.  Shorty USA, in Delaware.  I went to their brick and mortar location, which is near the Univ of Delaware in Newark.  

Both places have good reps for customer service, and are both located in the US.   I am leery of dealing with foreign vendors so I stick with US dealers.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Redwolf Airsoft out of Hong Kong.  They wholesale to a lot of the US retailers so I order directly from them and stop by when I am in HK (they will do an in store discount if you stop by).

The shipping is super fast –– I have received packages in two days from their office in HK to Providence RI.  Even with the shipping charge they are often cheaper than the US retailers and have a an awesome selection.

www.redwolfairsoft.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top