Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:44:00 PM EDT
Do you think that FFs are "something special"?

I just got back from the local cop shop, and was treated 'better' than I am used to.  They addressed me by my title and introduced me by rank as well to a DEA guy who was there.  

I thought it odd, as my visit was no part to official.  I was in civvies, and my job was not part of the equation.  While filling out an incident report they had asked me where I worked.  

Is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, anyone willing to put it all on the line for someone they don't even know is special.  Even Hose Jockeys.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
All BOTS and .MILs are special.  It does take a special person to deal with what we deal with.  If your in the local head shop they usually ask where you work for their records.  Most head shops cooperate with LEOs if they are looking for an impersonator or somthing similar.  The local head shops I used to go to had my agency on my customer file.  

I dont go there anymore only because their customer service sucks.  I have noticed that nearly every police head shop in Houston has poor customer service.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I treat all FFs, LEOs, and Mil guys with the utmost respect. They always get courtesy from me. Fair? No, but neither is life.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
In my city, the medics are all firefighters.  I am well aware a firefighter is much more likely to save my life than I am to save his.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top