Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 7:44:18 PM EDT
Those plastic trays that come with a 50 round box of pistol ammo (like Blazer, or whatever your favorite flavor may be). Has anyone come up with a use for them once they're empty?
I've considered moving some of my bulk packed WWB onto trays, but then the boxes would be marked for the wrong ammo (and some of the boxes are either thrown out or in sorry shape anyway).
Just wondering if anyone has thought of a good use for them. I have a big stack of them in the "gun room", and I'm considering just trashing them.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Put reloads in them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Put ammo in them?

I save them and put my reloads in them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Give them to a friend that reloads, they are nice to have.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Put reloads in them?

Not a reloader (yet). I usually shoot aluminum case 9mm through my pistols (hence the build up of plastic trays).

When I do shoot brass case I always save the cases...maybe someday I'll have enough time and money to start rolling my own.

Quoted:

Give them to a friend that reloads, they are nice to have.

I know a few. I'll ask them if they want 'em.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
plinking targets?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I put the teeth of my victims in them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Ice trays?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
"Has anyone come up with a use for those plastic pistol ammo trays?"

Quoted:
I put the teeth of my victims in them.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I use them as a tray when I'm drilling on a press.  It beats putting them in and taking them out of the index and cutting the crap out of my fingers on the flutes.

Not exactly a recycling program if you have a huge stash but it is a use for them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ice trays?

Creative genius like this is why I submit problems to GD for consideration.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
You could make a little fort.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
they hold cigs and roaches nicely

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You could make a little fort.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Reloader trays.   I've got a pile of them and it seems I never have enough.  Sometimes I go to the local indoor gun range/gun store just to get another sack full of them.

The great thing about them is that if you get the right ones they'll allow you to put one under and one over your .223 cases,  allowing quick flipping for easy

inspection,  and they also will keep the whole round covered so it stays clean.

CJ
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to use them for reloads, but they took up too much room.  I use big ziplocks now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#16]
i put my reloads in them
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Loading blocks.  For those using a single stage.  Holds cases upright, after charging with powder while they are waiting for seating.

I used to do 500 rounds in a sitting with a single stage.  Used a Lee Auto-Prime, then the Auto-disk to charge and expand/bell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Loading blocks.  For those using a single stage.  Holds cases upright, after charging with powder while they are waiting for seating.

I used to do 500 rounds in a sitting with a single stage.  Used a Lee Auto-Prime, then the Auto-disk to charge and expand/bell.

This. Or toss 'em. Recycle 'em if you're GREEN.

I toss mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I toss mine.
or you can burn them and say, FUCK YOU OZONE LAYER

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I toss mine.
or you can burn them and say, FUCK YOU OZONE LAYER

ATTA BOY!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top