Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:45:21 PM EDT
Is anyone else doing it?

I am not talking about working for yourself but being sent home to work.

The department I am working in now is growing like crazy and since my project group is small we lost our seats so we have to buddy up and cube share.  We are doing 3 in 2 out and then 3 out and 2 in for coverage.  I have worked from home for OT but not for a full work day.

I think I will like it but it just seems weird not going to work but still doing my stuff at home.  We have to be available via instant message or phone during our work hours so it is not like a day off or anything.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If everything goes according to plan my wife would be working at home too.  No more driving to work.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I work from home over VPN some days.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm in sales, so my office is at home if that counts. but they pay for all expenses like phone, fax, cellphone, cable internet, laptop w/ aircard, printer, car etc.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get anything comp'ed but I am working over the VPN.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Ihave been doing it since around 2002.. once you start you really get spoiled being at work within 5 mins of waking up..

I have a flexible schedule - so its nice to maybe take a longer lunch to get the yard mowed or such, and just work over in the afternoon to make up for it..

b
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I work from home everyday.  It's not like a day off at all.  It is a little more comfortable though.  I would hate to go back to an office environment.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ihave been doing it since around 2002.. once you start you really get spoiled being at work within 5 mins of waking up..

I have a flexible schedule - so its nice to maybe take a longer lunch to get the yard mowed or such, and just work over in the afternoon to make up for it..

b

Completely agree with this...

I work MT at the office, and WRF at home.  I love it. I actually get more done at home than I do when I'm at work. I start at 6:30 (flex time, I like to get home early) and have to get up at 5am to go to the office (43 mile commute). On my WFH days I set the alarm for 6:25.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

b

That is what I am afraid of.  Getting use to really flexible schedules and a loose structure.  I have no idea how long this will last but I think I am going to like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I work from home over VPN some days.

This.  You have to be disciplined and productive.  I allow some of my employees to telecommute, but they know they are held to a very high standard.  They better deliver.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to do it when I did accounting/finance for a large mortgage company. Sent me home with a PC and VPN connection.

Was the most awesome experience I ever had with work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top