Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2009 2:14:54 PM EDT
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2307367/posts

It was a scenario U.S. law enforcement had long feared: A fragmentation grenade from Mexico's bloody drug war tossed into a public place.

Only the grenade thrower's bumbling prevented bloodshed in a south Texas bar.....But the act was proof that one of the deadliest weapons in Mexico's drug battle is a real threat to the U.S.....

While Mexican drug violence has been spilling across the border in the form of kidnappings and killings, grenades are a particular worry because they can kill large numbers of people indiscriminately, and a weapon of choice among Mexican cartel members.

In Mexico, .... three alleged drug hit men threw several grenades into crowds of Independence Day revelers, killing eight people and wounding 106 others .....

The weapons are preferred by drug hitmen because they are cheap and easy to find. Many are left over from Central America's civil wars and sold on the black market to drug cartels. Some are brought in by weapons smugglers. Others are diverted from the region's militaries.....

And there is evidence that those grenades are making their way north..... all three grenades were manufactured at the same time and place, and were at one point together in the same batch from South Korea.

The Mexican military seized 165 grenades and 14 sticks of TNT belonging to the Gulf cartel in the November raid of a house in Reynosa, Mexico, a dozen miles south of McAllen, Texas.....

The grenades sold legally to help U.S. allies in the region are snatched by corrupt soldiers who get paid by former colleagues, then cover their tracks by altering paperwork.

Scott Stewart, a vice president for the global intelligence firm Stratfor..... said an even more daunting challenge in trying to prevent grenade smuggling into the United States is the porousness of the border.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the M67s and M4s were coming FROM the US...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe we could build a big fence?
Maybe we could enforce our existing immigration laws?

Nah probably racist anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Exactly, I thought all the full autos, grenades, RPGs, etc were all being purchased at US gunshows and stores and going TO Mexico.  At least that's what the TV said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh boy...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Shit, the Grenades that Came from the U.S. and went to the Mexican Cartels, found there way back on to our streets This is a sad sad day
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"The grenades sold legally to help U.S. allies in the region are snatched by corrupt soldiers who get paid by former colleagues, then cover their tracks by altering paperwork."

Maybe Mexico buys them from our Government and then their Military sells them the the cartels...

I vote we... Arrest the US Government for supplying weapons to the cartels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, I thought all the full autos, grenades, RPGs, etc were all being purchased at US gunshows and stores and going TO Mexico.  At least that's what the TV said.

There must be some sort of mistake. Only hard working folk who want to feed their family come North.....

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
....but....but.....the drugs are still okay, right?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Every now and then you hear about a guy finding a grenade in a garage or in the attic of a house.  

I long to be that guy.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I was at Big 5 Sporting Goods the other day, they were all out of frags.... AGAIN!!

What I worry about is one RPG making it into the country- it could end the airline industry, I'm kind of surprised it has never happened with the border being the way it is. I mean if they can smuggle TONS of drugs at a time, I'm sure enough payola could get an RPG thrown on the drug route, to be picked up on the other side. Scary thought.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every now and then you hear about a guy finding a grenade in a garage or in the attic of a house.  

I long to be that guy.  

––––––––––––––––

ban grenades in mexico, it's the only way
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I blame Bush and Obama for their abject failure in keeping our borders secure.

Fucking "agendas". No President should EVER have an agenda going into office unless it concerns the safety of our borders, currency or foreign trade.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I was at Big 5 Sporting Goods the other day, they were all out of frags.... AGAIN!!

What I worry about is one RPG making it into the country- it could end the airline industry, I'm kind of surprised it has never happened with the border being the way it is. I mean if they can smuggle TONS of drugs at a time, I'm sure enough payola could get an RPG thrown on the drug route, to be picked up on the other side. Scary thought.

A plane getting smoked in the USA by a RPG would be very bad for the cartel's drug trade. They are capitalist not idealogical like the islamofascists. They would not allow something like that to happen.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I long to be that guy.  

I'd rather be the guy that finds a grenade that you don't hear about.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I blame Bush and Obama for their abject failure in keeping our borders secure.

Fucking "agendas". No President should EVER have an agenda going into office unless it concerns the safety of our borders, currency or foreign trade.

Good luck with that one!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
haha, 100% of illegal hand grenades come from Mexico, what SHOULD WE DO?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I long to be that guy.  

The only problem with a scenario like this, is finding an interesting way to use it!

I bet it would shred the hell out of a mailbox.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Racism will not be tolerated here  

- CTD
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

THIS

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Good, let the ATF worry about something more important than hassling us poor gun-clingers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
haha, 100% of illegal hand grenades come from Mexico, what SHOULD WE DO?

Arf.com group buy?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There's a couple of decades or three fighting the War on Drugs; surely the US .gov learned something about stopping smuggling in that time.

your overestimation of the human race is showing
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Where do I get these?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Unfortunately something like that is what it is going to take before our fuck-stain politicians lock down that border. That or one of their kids or spouses or parents get wacked by some illegal.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2307367/posts

It was a scenario U.S. law enforcement had long feared: A fragmentation grenade from Mexico's bloody drug war tossed into a public place.

Only the grenade thrower's bumbling prevented bloodshed in a south Texas bar.....But the act was proof that one of the deadliest weapons in Mexico's drug battle is a real threat to the U.S.....

While Mexican drug violence has been spilling across the border in the form of kidnappings and killings, grenades are a particular worry because they can kill large numbers of people indiscriminately, and a weapon of choice among Mexican cartel members.

In Mexico, .... three alleged drug hit men threw several grenades into crowds of Independence Day revelers, killing eight people and wounding 106 others .....

The weapons are preferred by drug hitmen because they are cheap and easy to find. Many are left over from Central America's civil wars and sold on the black market to drug cartels. Some are brought in by weapons smugglers. Others are diverted from the region's militaries.....
And there is evidence that those grenades are making their way north..... all three grenades were manufactured at the same time and place, and were at one point together in the same batch from South Korea.

The Mexican military seized 165 grenades and 14 sticks of TNT belonging to the Gulf cartel in the November raid of a house in Reynosa, Mexico, a dozen miles south of McAllen, Texas.....

The grenades sold legally to help U.S. allies in the region are snatched by corrupt soldiers who get paid by former colleagues, then cover their tracks by altering paperwork.

Scott Stewart, a vice president for the global intelligence firm Stratfor..... said an even more daunting challenge in trying to prevent grenade smuggling into the United States is the porousness of the border.

Third world piece of shit with hand grenades.  We can't get them because our oppressive government uses the strongarm to stop manf. from selling them, but any poppy-pedlar from centromexiguatatina can pick them up at the flea market.

Fuck this bullshit government.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Good...you mean I don't have to save my tannerite for when the SHTF..
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So did I.

It's about time the weaponry started moving in the right direction!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Third world piece of shit with hand grenades.  We can't get them because our oppressive government uses the strongarm to stop manf. from selling them, but any poppy-pedlar from centromexiguatatina can pick them up at the flea market.

Ummm no. USGI M67s that we sent south.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#31]
It is just me, or whenever a story is written by the MSM, that whatever weapon or munition is being discussed, it is the "weapon or choice" for whatever group of scumbags is being discussed?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Good, let the ATF worry about something more important than hassling us poor gun-clingers.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5048/lolimatf.jpg

The ATF agent that uses his pistol as an earplug is missing. :)
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

YEP THAT'S RACIST!

HOWEVER

We better get started before Mexico builds one with One Way Revolving  Turnstile Doors
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is just me, or whenever a story is written by the MSM, that whatever weapon or munition is being discussed, it is the "weapon or choice" for whatever group of scumbags is being discussed?

Yup, they're never just making do with whatever's on sale at Grenades R Us, it's always the "... of choice".
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I noticed that as well. AK-47s, FN FiveseveNs, AR-15s, hand grenades...boy, these mexican hitmen have a lot of choices!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Outside the USA for the right amount of money they can be obtained
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

$6.00 each?

Or two for $10...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I know where a live 20mm HE projectile is buried, or was 40+ years ago.  Prior to that it spent the years after 1945 soaking in a can of oil in a shed.

I doubt it's much good even if it's still there.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Where do I get these?

Taco Bell!!!  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm no. USGI M67s that we sent south.

I thought they were Korean.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what they are wanting everyone to believe, surprised in the article it didn't say they were suspected of being smuggled from the US.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$6.00 each?

Or two for $10...
Brazilian cops had stumbled into favela traffickers cache, most of them were sold back to the traffikers....all the grenades had disappeared form the Brazilian Army without a trace until then.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#44]
So if the ice cream truck sells AKs, does Manuel''s Hot Tamale Stand now sell M67s?

I know where I'm getting lunch tommorow
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Wait until somebody figures out they can lob 40 mike mikes over the fence!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Typical Democrats!  There's finally an export market for U.S. goods and they want to shut it down...

TC

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wait until somebody figures out they can lob 40 mike mikes over the fence!

Even better, wait until someone starts lobbing 60mm mortar rounds over the fence.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh, so now they don't get their fucking weapons from us? Last I heard grenades and full auto MGs could be bought at gunshows here without so much as a background check...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Somebody threw a Glock?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#50]
where the fuck can i get some fucking gernades?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top