Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 1:34:37 PM EDT
Seriously the answer cannot be too complicated.

I have googled and Binged and Yahooed and now I am confused.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Age?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you want to know the diiference in a new potato and a regular potato?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit there are some goofy looking taters.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I see a lot of potatoes that look like Nixon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, new potatoes are small and round.  Normal potatoes are the kind that get turned into baked potatoes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Wise Geek sez...
One popular trend in cooking is the harvesting of young or immature vegetables, as in the case of very young peas or baby corn kernels. Immature potatoes harvested during the spring or summer are called new potatoes, or sometimes creamers or fingerlings. New potatoes are not a separate variety of potato, but younger versions of other varieties.

The skin of new potatoes is generally thinner and flakier than the skin found on older potatoes. For this reason, new potatoes are rarely if ever peeled before cooking. Restaurants and cafeterias use special machines with rotating abrasive wheels to remove some of the peels from new potatoes, but home cooks may just want to wash the new potatoes thoroughly and keep them unpeeled.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I see a lot of potatoes that look like Nixon.

I have one that looks like obama.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Potatoes picked before fully matured.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top