Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 11:13:46 AM EDT
Coming up next with Rick Sanchez. Apparently they're going to do a week long special on it. Some of you may have forgotten that the Marines and the Brits have launched an offensive in Helmand Province in A-stan. It has gotten about ZERO coverage from the MSM because it's too hard for these maggots to leave their hotels and actually walk with the Marines in the hills rather than be driven around in air-conditioned armored vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Coming up next with Rick Sanchez. Apparently they're going to do a week long special on it. Some of you may have forgotten that the Marines and the Brits have launched an offensive in Helmand Province in A-stan. It has gotten about ZERO coverage from the MSM because it's too hard for these maggots to leave their hotels and actually walk with the Marines in the hills rather than be driven around in air-conditioned armored vehicles.

Oh they could do it already, but that media coverage would end the commonly-held belief that all war is over because the Messiah is president.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And because, they just don't give a shit about them. You know they think anyone that has anything to do with the military is just a slack-jawed yokel, or too dumb to know any better so he/she joined the military.

Fuck em.

I've always thought to myself that the only reason these people go on missions with the military is to see if by chance they will stumble on the next Abu Ghraib or some sort of atrocity.

I always tell my wife and friends, if you wanna see some real stuff, go to youtube and liveleak, they have some nice firefights that'll get your blood pumping.

The only good mainstream story I've seen in a while was the NatGeo Special on the Green Berets and that was 2 years ago. That one really sucks the wind out of you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Given today's craven media I think having them along can only be a liability, with very small chance for upside value (i.e., the truth).

CNN will likely try very hard to show how Obama is so much better at winning wars than Bush.  Or how the Afghans love us so much more now with Dear Leader in office.  Or even, that the hard tough Marines kowtow to do Dear Leader's bidding, so all the rest of better too!

One way or another CNN will give paltry tribute to the honor and courage of the Marines and an obscene amount of salivating over Obama's foreign policy acumen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top