Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 10:03:11 PM EDT
just heard this on the radio. Said the program will end due to depleted funds this week unless congress blows more $$.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So would that mean that this new 2 billion will be blow all to hell in another two or three weeks?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
And we laughed at that chick that thought Ø was going to buy her a new car.

How can you pick one industry to support?  easy answer–– UAW

How many cars will they sell after this ends (assuming it isn't continually funded)?  About zero!

I'd rather see the money go into something, like roads and bridges, that will still be useful and worth something in 10 years.  These guys are so short sighted that they can't see past their manginas.  Polls are slipping, lets go buy some votes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the end of affordable used cars for people who can't afford a new one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is the end of affordable used cars for people who can't afford a new one.

Never thought of it that way until last night when I heard that in order to receive the federal funds, the dealers who take in the clunkers have to destroy them.

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the dumbest program in US gov history.  And I write the following as a fiscal and social conservative

1.  reduces supply of affordable cars for those that can't afford new, or don't want to pay non-deductible interest on a depreciating asset.
2.  what is the environmental cost of disposing of the "clunkers"?
3.  we have a severe budget deficit and I'm supposed to subsidize new car purchases?
4.  They're destroying the engines instead of using the blocks for scrap???
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Harry Reid just said "this will passs".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top