Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 2:34:44 PM EDT

The starting line is about 5-600 yards behind my house on the grand river. They had the nitro methane rattle your windows 200+mph boats down there. Lots beer drinking and BBQ.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Boat races are a really cool spectacle.  

FWIW, it's hard to get good perspective from the first pic, but if that is your daughter, you should get her further from the water's edge next time.  If one of those boats loses control, she won't be able to run fast enough to get away.   BTDT.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

FWIW, it's hard to get good perspective from the first pic, but if that is your daughter, you should get her further from the water's edge next time.  If one of those boats loses control, she won't be able to run fast enough to get away.   BTDT.

Yeah, not my daughter, its probably 30-40 foot cliff right there. I know what your saying though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not my daughter, its probably 30-40 foot cliff right there. I know what your saying though.

That is a good vantage point!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
boat races are cool. I saw a off shore race a few years ago down on Tibee Island. it was super cool. sounded like jets going past. that morning they were doing speed runs in the Savannah river out side our hotel window at 6 in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
We had them in NC last weekend.

You can skip to the last 10 seconds

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top