Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 2:31:16 PM EDT
Wrapped for 3 days like this:

Removing bandages left hand:

Right hand:

I had to keep these clean, dry and bandaged for another four days and then back to doc for him to pull the tape off the incisions.

This is after removal of the tape, seven days after surgery:

I have a few days of PT within the next two weeks and then another visit to the doc. My hands already feel 98% better than before the procedure.  Maybe now I can get back to work wrenching again............ WITHOUT pain.

AB
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Stigmata!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the endoscopic carpal tunnel about 4 years ago on just the right hand.  Left the hospital with little more than a band aid.  About a half inch incision in my wrist and the same in the palm of my hand.  Can't find the scars now.

Was this not an option for you??  Bet you'll sleep better now.  I know I did!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Stigmata!!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
No well you know for a while deer
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did the endoscopic carpal tunnel about 4 years ago on just the right hand.  Left the hospital with little more than a band aid.  About a half inch incision in my wrist and the same in the palm of my hand.  Can't find the scars now.

Was what not an option for me? This was endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery. These folks did it: http://www.brownhandcenter.com/home/

AB

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stigmata!!!!

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Stigmata!!!!

that didn't take long...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing like cutting off the wrappings with rusty scissors.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I had that same kind of tape on my neck where they made an incision a few years back. That shit it hard as hell to get off!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks pretty good.  I'd wager you're going to heal up very quickly.  I've seen several other people who have deep, painful scars from their palms to a few inches up the their wrists.  They didn't end up so well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
How long did you go between diagnosis and surgery? My dexterity is maybe 2/3 of what is was 4-5 years ago, and it's not really getting better. I wonder how long it will be before I'm recommended for the surgery.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]
IM me for shipping info on all leftover pain meds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#13]
My mom had carpal tunnel surgery back inthe late 80's, and the incision looked like Charlie Browns shirt, a big zig zag 4 inches long up her wrist. We have come quite a ways from that! She was out of work for a month or so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How long did you go between diagnosis and surgery? My dexterity is maybe 2/3 of what is was 4-5 years ago, and it's not really getting better. I wonder how long it will be before I'm recommended for the surgery.

A month and a half, and that was because the doctor was not in network and we had to fight with the insurance company to get them to accept him as in network. Ahhh, but that will all change with ObongoCare. Good luck with your hands!

AB
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing like cutting off the wrappings with rusty scissors.

Those are some awesome sissors, I use 'em for everything.

AB

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was what not an option for me? This was endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery. These folks did it: http://www.brownhandcenter.com/home/

AB

I asked because I could not initially see the pics and saw you had said you were bandaged for quite a few days.  I didn't have to do any of that.  The pulled my bandages the next morning when I went back and I had nothing else on them again.

Difference is night and day in the pain isn't it?  I had forgotten how it felt not to have my fingers tingling all the time!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top