Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 6:41:37 AM EDT
Baldo is gonna fuck it up. Costa is in glasses, what?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I still want one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I still want one.

You're damn right. If it ever hits the market, I'm selling a kidney.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Bro, Costa, so this is what it's come to, busting down doors with Jlo baldo?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF, costa was wearing a raccoon for a wig!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#5]
fuck it, no such animal. BM bastardized it. Magpul never had any plans of producing it. fuck 'em both!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
fuck it, no such animal. BM bastardized it. Magpul never had any plans of producing it. fuck 'em both!

The only thing I'd say "fuck magpul" about, is their horrid customer service.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

please do tell?

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Gave up on that a long time ago. If I'm going to waste money on an exotic that I don't need, it's going to be a Vltor Fortis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If I am going to pick a magpul vaporware to lust after it will be the PDR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

please do tell?

I've tried ordering from them twice. First time, all items were backordered, no one ever told me. Numerous emails were not returned, phone calls were not returned. Was finally able to get through and just cancel the order over the b.s.

Second time, unexplained delay, got item a couple of weeks later, 3 emails were not returned requesting info on the wait.

I'm told they have great customer service if something is broken. But order wise, uhm no.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I order something online, I like an email with an order verification, and another with a ship notification.  I love magpul's gear, every AR I own has a Miad, one has a CTR, the only mags I own are pmags, and I have a metric shit ton of XTM rail covers. Oh, and both AOTTC vids. I just won't order directly from them ever again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

please do tell?

I've tried ordering from them twice. First time, all items were backordered, no one ever told me. Numerous emails were not returned, phone calls were not returned. Was finally able to get through and just cancel the order over the b.s.

Second time, unexplained delay, got item 3 weeks later, 3 emails were not returned requesting info on the wait.

I'm told they have great customer service if something is broken. But order wise, uhm no.

O man the magpul nut barnacles are going to be all over you!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuck em, I like their gear, a lot, but ordering directly from them is like pulling teeth. I have no time for fan boys. I'm much more interested in actually shooting and weeding out shit products that work well. Thats why I own magpul stuff. It works, and works well. But it's easier to get it from brownells.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I am going to pick a magpul vaporware to lust after it will be the PDR.

I lust for the FMG-9.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#14]

I'll buy one if they can ever get the damn thing on the shelves and not charge a ridiculous price.
It's worth about $1299 same as the SCAR, but FN is out of their collective heads.

This thread needs ACR pics.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah. If one would actually sell at $1299, I'd pick it up right now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So would I and many others, but if they go high, all their going to find is they'll sell less and not make up what they could have by selling more in shear numbers, building demand with more people seeing them and wanting one too.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll buy one if they can ever get the damn thing on the shelves and not charge a ridiculous price.
It's worth about $1299 same as the SCAR, but FN is out of their collective heads.

http://combatrifle.net/acr/remington_acr2.jpg

god the old ones looked a thousand times better
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Isn't that future weapon show from 2-3 years ago?  I remember it being on then.  The bald dude is such a tard I don't otherwise watch the show
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original polymer handguard is still an option from what I know. I prefer it myself.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck em, I like their gear, a lot, but ordering directly from them is like pulling teeth. I have no time for fan boys. I'm much more interested in actually shooting and weeding out shit products that work well. Thats why I own magpul stuff. It works, and works well. But it's easier to get it from brownells.

Dude I hear you.

Just 5 years ago I was shipping all Magpul products from my basement while taking tech support calls on my cell phone, all while working a full time job. Growth causes growing pains and our direct ordering was the part that suffered the most. All I can say is measures are in place to improve the situation this year.

And I have no reason to doubt you.  The fact that if something that ya'll make breaks, ya'll take great care of the people says that you obviously care. I appreciate all y'all do for the chumps like me and the guys taking it to the enemy every day.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I hear you.

Just 5 years ago I was shipping all Magpul products from my basement while taking tech support calls on my cell phone, all while working a full time job. Growth causes growing pains and our direct ordering was the part that suffered the most. All I can say is measures are in place to improve the situation this year.

You manned up and admitted that he was right? Wow, that's impressive. Bravo Mr. Magpul dude.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Isn't that future weapon show from 2-3 years ago?  I remember it being on then.  The bald dude is such a tard I don't otherwise watch the show

Yeah, but it was on again this morning.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original polymer handguard is still an option from what I know. I prefer it myself.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Magpul_masada_16fde.jpg

yes that I would buy in a second
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I hear you.

You manned up and admitted that he was right? Wow, that's impressive. Bravo Mr. Magpul dude.

Magpul is good people. From Fitzpatrick to Costa, they're good people. One sign of this is that they can admit weaknesses.  The biggest strength one can have is to admit when they don't shine.  That, aside from the products and service they provide, is what earns respect from a lot of people

Unlike most people with an area that lacks, they don't ignore that area, they work to improve it. And they obviously are.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a fan boy
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Rumor has it some will make it out for civilian sale by years end (I specifically heard NOVEMBER) while full production will start in early 2010. I hope this is true, but I also know the first ones will bring a big premium like the initial SCARS did on Gunbroker. (Remeber the $9,000.00 SCAR?) Thus, I will have to wait until the price(s) level out.

It's one damn fine looking carbine though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Magpul_masada_16fde.jpg

yes that I would buy in a second

Me too. I neither need or want full rails on the bottom and side of the forearm. I just want a small forward side rail on both sides for sling attachment, if not just designing a loop into the handguard itself like molding the polymer around a metal loop insert.
Other than that a good comfortable grip is very important and rails with rail covers aren't as comfortable a grip.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rumor has it some will make it out for civilian sale by years end (I specifically heard NOVEMBER) while full production will start in early 2010. I hope this is true, but I also know the first ones will bring a big premium like the initial SCARS did on Gunbroker. (Remeber the $9,000.00 SCAR?) Thus, I will have to wait until the price(s) level out.

It's one damn fine looking carbine though.

Yeah it is.  I wanna be able to use one in an SPR configuration in tiger valley next year
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Feh.  21st century Johnson Rifle.  "Cute but..."
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Keep dreaming.

I would be shocked even if it clocked in sub $1600
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Is there still going to be an AK lower?

What ever happened to Baldo and his show?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This thread needs ACR pics pics of rifles that actually exist

Seriously when both the ACR and SCAR was released I wanted one of each and if the ACR ever comes out I'll buy one of those as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread needs ACR pics pics of rifles that actually exist

http://www.theplaceholder.com/forums/imagehosting/544a5c91f8794c0.jpg

Seriously when both the ACR and SCAR was released I wanted one of each and if the ACR ever comes out I'll buy one of those as well.

but but but boot...  in before the haters

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top