Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:59:48 AM EDT
Anyone use it?  If you do I'd love to hear what you think about it.

I've seen it in Target a few times now, and today it was $4.39 for (2) 12-oz bottles, vs. $13.49 for (2) 12-oz bottles of Alcon Opti-Free Replenish.

I've used the Opti-Free Express and now the Replenish solution since I started wearing contacts in the 7th grade –– I'm now 23.  Never had any issues with it, but $9 difference per box isn't something to sneeze at if I can get something that works just as well.

Just figured that if the Target brand stuff is any good I'd get a bunch of them while they're on sale and save a lot of money.  The boxes in there right now have an expiration date 06/2011 so I could get almost a 2-year's supply for relatively cheap compared to the name brand solution.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell....for 4 bucks I'd give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Replenish stuff.  I was having lens issues and my eye doc recommended it.

I have not had lens issues again, there was some chemical in my old brand that was irritating my eyes.

I would say stick with what you have that works, and don't start experimenting.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Replenish, only my target, walmart etc sells them in 10 oz bottles. Never seen a 12 oz one.

For $4 try it yourself. My brother uses the safeway brand of contact solution and says it works fine for him.

I'll pay the extra $4 a month or so and stick with the one my eye doc recommended.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Are the ingredients the same as the name brand stuff?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use the Replenish, only my target, walmart etc sells them in 10 oz bottles. Never seen a 12 oz one.

You are right –– they are 10oz.  I just figured they were all in the same size bottles.

Not sure if they are the same ingredients; most of these companies seem to use proprietary stuff.  Or at least Alcon claims to.

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the Opti-Free Replenish.  It works well, and my eyes are not a test bed for cheap lens solutions.

A 10 oz. bottle of Replenish goes a long way for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
OptiFree Replenish is really the best multipurpose solution on the market right now. There are some  "one step" peroxide based solutions that may be a little better as far as cleaning the lenses, but there is a little more to using these solutions than the multipurpose ones. This website is a very good one with some studies done to show the effects of combinations of solutions and lenses on patients eyes. The more stain, usually the more irritation and risk of infection.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sort of off topic, but if you have been using Renu or a similar multipurpose solution for your contacts and have sensitive eyes at all, I would highly recommend you take a look at the Clear Care system. My eye doctor switched me over to it a couple of years ago, and it has made a dramatic difference in how comfortable my contacts are on a day to day basis. It is sort of like going from a standard toothbrush to a sonicare, but for your eyeballs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Of all the places to try to go cheap, the stuff you use in accordance with your eyes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top